CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #21
Dave Rounsevelle

Profile:

If I was an owner of a Cross fit faciltiy I think I would make some competion out of this. If you made a schedule of points and events like the decathlon and held competions...Each gym could hold a meet and charge say 25 bucks per competitor. I think it would be pretty cool and make the gyms some extra $$$. And then the gym could have say on day a week for practice meet say the second Sat of every month would be a "practice meet" for gym members
I realize that crossfit was not made to be a competion but made for everyone in any sport and not to be sports specific. but....I think if "you build it they wil come"
Old 02-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #22
Motion Macivor

Profile:
For hand speed you could throw a tennis ball against a wall and catch it. do this as many times as you can in one minute. Maybe use two targets and alternate between the two.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #23
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Here are some more ideas:

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/powertests.html
Old 02-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #24
Dave Rounsevelle

Profile:

I think we've hit everyone-coordination is questionable, but the dot type drill covers coordination and agility??
Jeremy hasn't posted in a while. Are ya still with the idea, Jeremy?. I would like to try this out once it gets decided.
It could be done like the competion page and every month maybe change a few things.
Dave R