CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-10-2005, 05:44 AM   #1
bill fox

Profile:

Summer Template and Workouts

Saturday – GW
Sunday – MGW
Monday – W
Tuesday – off (maybe run or 3-4x CFWU)
Wednesday – MG
Thursday - WG
Friday – off

Abreviations are CF journal #6 (g=gymnastics, w= weightlifting,m=metabolic)Friday is off due to going to go to work early to leave for beach early, which makes Tuesday off too. Exercises tend to be weightlifting equipment heavy during the week since I’ll be home with access to my gym. Weekends I will bring rings, a 24kg KB and 20lb medball to the beach house,so weekend exercise selection is guided by that. Beach workouts do not include KBs due to sand and KBs grinding hands. If a Monday,Wednesday or Thursday WOD is even close to what I need to do , I’ll do it. But for ex. Don’t want to Angie when I’m home since I can do it at the beach. At least 2-3x I’ll be at the beach for 4-5 days.

Sat –
Squat
KB swing

Pushup
KB snatch

(Beach)
Pullup
Med ball
Situps

Walking lunge
Pullup or Medball
Situps

Sun-
Jumprope or 400m runs + a different Saturday then yesterdays

Mon
OHSQ or DL or Thrusters or KB cleans (or couplet of 2)
100 situps

Tues – off (maybe run a couple miles)

Wed –
Jump rope or run
HSPU or ring dip
100 situps
50 back ext

Thursday
DL or OHSQ or Cleans or Thrusters
HSPU or ring Dips

Firday - off

Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
Bo Blakemore

Profile:

Bill,

I like your thinking as far as tailoring things for your schedule. I believe that's one thing people struggle with and they become chained to a certain routine and it knocks them out of balance.

I'm thinking about selecting the 20 best suited WOD's for my goals, ladies included, and going with my gut. I think it would be a nice change of pace and still keep it structured enough where I feel like I'm being "told what to do".

Anyway, I like your idea. Btw, I remember you were following the 40 day workout by Dan John. How did it turn out for you?

Pls advise.