CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #6001
Matthew Green

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Is that humous, love that stuff, could go through a loaf of bread and a bucket of that any day 70's big style. Right pity you cannot get down for our Box Party and drinking WOD tomorrow, its gonna be fun.
I bet with you and Kier there, there will be some big eats!!

We make fresh Hummus like twice a week in our house with 3 tins of chickpeas each time, it never lasts longer than a couple of hours. The guacamole is pretty darn good too. 6lbs of pork in the slow cooker and a kilo of chicken........... happy times!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #6002
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Scott, awesome job on Diane. Thats a good PR. Have fun with that CF holiday party, I hear they can get pretty wild! The last drinking WOD I did was killer. It didn't help that I was already very intoxicated before starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post

We make fresh Hummus like twice a week in our house with 3 tins of chickpeas each time, it never lasts longer than a couple of hours. The guacamole is pretty darn good too. 6lbs of pork in the slow cooker and a kilo of chicken........... happy times!
Matt that food that you posted looks great. I've been very interested in making hummus in my food processor. I've also been wanting to try this recipe for baba ganoush http://www.performancemenu.com/recip...pe&recipeID=52WFS
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind messaging me any hummus making tricks/tips that you've picked up. That would be awesome!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #6003
Matthew Green

Profile:

Easy mate, just grab 2 tins of chicpeas drain them, but keep the liquid. Put it in the food processor with a tablespoon and a half of tahini, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 5 tablespoons of lemon juice, a few pinches of salt and 2 big *** cloves of crushed garlic. Blend for about 30 seconds then add about 50ml of the drained chickpea liquid * then add peppers, jalapenos, chives or whatever takes your fancy.

* I've got addicted to adding the jalapeno liquid instead of the chickpea brine. But it depends if you like a bit of heat or not.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 AM   #6004
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:

Sounds great to me, every day this week I have had broccoli, tuna and eggs, nothing added just raw with some fruit and nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
Scott, awesome job on Diane. Thats a good PR. Have fun with that CF holiday party, I hear they can get pretty wild! The last drinking WOD I did was killer. It didn't help that I was already very intoxicated before starting.

Matt that food that you posted looks great. I've been very interested in making hummus in my food processor. I've also been wanting to try this recipe for baba ganoush http://www.performancemenu.com/recip...pe&recipeID=52WFS
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind messaging me any hummus making tricks/tips that you've picked up. That would be awesome!
Was really pleased with Diane thanks Jesse.

Its going to be my first ever drinking WOD tomorrow and in a sadistic way I am looking forward to it, be good to watch how many people are sick or collapse

Quote:
Easy mate, just grab 2 tins of chicpeas drain them, but keep the liquid. Put it in the food processor with a tablespoon and a half of tahini, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 5 tablespoons of lemon juice, a few pinches of salt and 2 big *** cloves of crushed garlic. Blend for about 30 seconds then add about 50ml of the drained chickpea liquid * then add peppers, jalapenos, chives or whatever takes your fancy.

* I've got addicted to adding the jalapeno liquid instead of the chickpea brine. But it depends if you like a bit of heat or not.
The Jalapeno version sounds great to me, hot foods although they cause discomfort are still addictive to me, spoonfuls of English mustard is one thing I cannot leve alone even though it kills me.

Will be passing this receipe onto wifey.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #6005
Nik Nichols

Profile:

So what do you have going on for a workout today?

Also seeing as foot is the topic today, how is your diet going?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #6006
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
So what do you have going on for a workout today?

Also seeing as foot is the topic today, how is your diet going?
Pull ups and running today Nik.

Diet's going great when I am at work as I pack exactly the perfect paleo food and there's nowhere nearby to buy any extras so thats what I eat. AT the weekends my wife buys bread and other non-paleo foods which I cannot resist. Thats fine with me still as at least my diet's spot on 5 days a week. Got 11 days holiday for Christmas though

I read your cutting out the sugar Nik, except in natural forms , that will probably give you more energy in the long run once your body gets use to it.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 12-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #6007
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Quote:
21 December 2009

'Diane'

21-15-9
Deadlift 102.5k/225lb
HSPU's - 8.47 PR Avvvv it!!!

Right pleased with this, my pr was 9.43 and that was when I concentrated on HSPU's around May, today my arms were so sore yet still much stronger than last time which was 14.17. Really pumped with this. All deadlifts was consecutive, HSPU's broken into 3's and 4's after the first 6 of each set. Getting closer on this one Ernie, next time you better be faster as Im heading towards the 6 minutes range.

3 rounds of:
15 GHD's
15 Back Ext untimed
Rock n' Roll ! awesome PR Scott, they come when we don't expect them sometimes !
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #6008
Lee Hill

Profile:

Quote:
The Jalapeno version sounds great to me, hot foods although they cause discomfort are still addictive to me, spoonfuls of English mustard is one thing I cannot leve alone even though it kills me.

Will be passing this receipe onto wifey.
I'm hearing you on the mustard thing there Scott. Makes protein for time that much easier!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #6009
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Pull ups and running today Nik.

Diet's going great when I am at work as I pack exactly the perfect paleo food and there's nowhere nearby to buy any extras so thats what I eat. AT the weekends my wife buys bread and other non-paleo foods which I cannot resist. Thats fine with me still as at least my diet's spot on 5 days a week. Got 11 days holiday for Christmas though

I read your cutting out the sugar Nik, except in natural forms , that will probably give you more energy in the long run once your body gets use to it.
I didn't do anything at lunch, helped a friend with a project.
Yea, the sugar thing is somthing I have let go for a wile. Gatoraide, I was always drinking them, chochlate, sugar in my tea. Finally trying to get a grip on it.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #6010
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Rock n' Roll ! awesome PR Scott, they come when we don't expect them sometimes !
Yeah and that was a total shock, still looking for that day that I finally conquer the HSPU and can knock out sets of 21, it will come!! Talking of knocking them out, hows your Dad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
I'm hearing you on the mustard thing there Scott. Makes protein for time that much easier!
Yep 20 ounce steak and a pot of mustard, not much beats that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I didn't do anything at lunch, helped a friend with a project.
Yea, the sugar thing is somthing I have let go for a wile. Gatoraide, I was always drinking them, chochlate, sugar in my tea. Finally trying to get a grip on it.
try cutting the sugar out in the week and having a cheat at the weekend, that way you have something to look forward too. Then again if you cut it out and your scores start getting really good your going to find it easy to stay off.