CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #5501
Ernie Guevara

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Yeah I got 50 minutes last time, think I ripped my hand or something. I will be taping weights to my 1.5 pood tomorrow to make a 2 pood and running on the treadmill indoors. What do you call cold Ernie Zero degrees or something.
Well we are use to the weather being in the 80's pretty much all year around here in Miami. Today is in the low 60's and will be in the 50's by the time I do Eva at night. So a drastic change for us Miamians mate.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #5502
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Well we are use to the weather being in the 80's pretty much all year around here in Miami. Today is in the low 60's and will be in the 50's by the time I do Eva at night. So a drastic change for us Miamians mate.
Well its 54 here and it feels really mild, I am wearing shorts and vest
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #5503
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Quote:
Well its 54 here and it feels really mild, I am wearing shorts and vest
Honestly ??? I told you it was like the states down south... It's been raining here in Jarrow and is now baltic!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #5504
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Honestly ??? I told you it was like the states down south... It's been raining here in Jarrow and is now baltic!!
Yeah its raining here also, was not when I put my shorts on this morning. Just looked your weather up and its 48F, only 6 degrees colder. When I was scaffolding a few years back this Geordie would wear a vest in January!!
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 11-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #5505
Lee Hill

Profile:

Quote:
Yeah it was the goal.

Thanks for explaining the Painstorm fellas.

One word for todays C&J . Pathetic.

12 November 2009

Clean & Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

75k - 80k - 80kF - 80kF - 80kf - 80k - 82.5kF x 5

Tried to just jerk 82.5k FFFFFFF

Feel totally like crap right now, disgusted with my old scores and this is worse. ONE week ago I jerked 90k, quite solidly, today all the cleans were easy, muscled but easy, but I just could not even begin the jerks it just felt wrong. Been really hyped up for it all day and felt strong before beginning. I really do not understand what happened today.
Seems like we share a common mindset Scott. I'm trying to veer away from beating myself up post wod and winding myself up into a counter-productive frezny pre-WOD. I'm realising when I get super-hyped all day and something doesn't go according to the plan in my head (as reality often does), I need to be able to accept and adapt rather than resist and flounder. I've resolved to keep all toys in the pram from now on and stop being such a stop-watch whore. If someone like Leon, who just wrecks WODs, is the first to admit his form could be better, then I can and should adjust my priorities to make form, not speed or how heavy my principle focus.

Everyone has major gravity days, might be any number of things from diet, sleep, karma, bio-rhythms, inter-planetary alignment or even that overtraining thing mere mortals get. I'm going to try to take then on the chin and do something positive in my WOD instead, whether that be gymnastic practice, stretching, a mini-angie or something else to re-balance my training mood/ego. In some ways it's like parenting an enraged toddler - many times walking away from the frustrating situation, regrouping and returning afresh does wonders to rebalance a situation.

Feel free to slowly shake your head and wonder what the f**k is Lee on today if this doesn't make sense, it's the weekend and I've been flying kites by the Angel of the North with well behaved pupils all afternoon so I'm feeling a bit new age
Old 11-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #5506
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

That all makes sense thanks Lee, it must of been like watching an animal continuously walk up to an electric fence and shock himself for anyone around me last night. Just like you said I was really hyped for it yesterday, my job is at a desk and I could not stay in my seat very long. I tried to re-direct after an hour of banging my head against a wall but whatever I did just had the same poor result, those days you really do need to just leave the gym and come back another time. Looks like I could be doing your challenge with your BW now. Decided this weekend I will hit some jerks light for 20 minutes , just see if it helps when I put the weight back on the bar.

You have a good weekend Lee, this enraged toddler's going to sort it!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #5507
Lee Hill

Profile:

Ha ha, that makes two of us, not including my actual enraged toddler daughter, bless her furious socks.

Nice one fella. Looking forward to seeing who can get the most ramped up and anti-social pre-WOD in Swansea
Old 11-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #5508
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
Ha ha, that makes two of us, not including my actual enraged toddler daughter, bless her furious socks.

Nice one fella. Looking forward to seeing who can get the most ramped up and anti-social pre-WOD in Swansea
I get so hyper active , every sporting event I get so worked up beforehand, was warming up for an hour before one of the qualifier WODs, probably lose half a stone through it.

I bet it helps to stop you behaving like a toddler having one!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #5509
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

13 November 2009

CF Essex Class

THIRTEENS

13 rounds of:
SDHP 50k 13 reps
Push Ups 13 reps
Burpees 13 reps - 29.24

Nasty workout, some of the lads had done it before and gave me the heads up of the pain to come. It was supposed to be 40k for the sumo's but the class was packed and there was no more 5 or 10k bumpers left which meant two of us had to use 15k bumpers. They also gave 4 guys a 2 rounds head start and I managed to catch all but one of them.

Before beginning I drilled some cleans with PVC and found I was bringing my back angle up much too fast, not staying over the bar for long enough I think explains it better. Brett's great with the Oly training and pointed this out for me. Spent about 10 minutes drilling it once I got it right. Well sort of right, it was like once correct then once wrong, needs loads of work just beginning with the very basic first pull.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #5510
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Yea, that looked like a nasty workout. How bad were the burpees and pushups? Great job catching up to the other guys with the head start!

Great pointer on the clean. I will have to check my form on that as well. I try to not pull all out on the first pull, I pull hard, but not 100% till I get to over my knees then it is all out with everything I have. I think that helpes me keep my arms straight till I'm fully extended. If I pull 100% from the floor, I'm not thinking, it is justTULL THAT BAR!

I need to drill cleans too.