CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #5041
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Birch View Post
Nice work on Elizabeth, Scott. You crushed my time, there must be something in the air over there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Privitera View Post
Damn dude that is fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Great work Scott, i knew you would kill it. How did the cleans feel other then grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Great Elizabeth time Scott !
Thanks Murray, Greg, Nik & Richard. Really happy with the squat cleans which was a weakness of mine, getting under the bar much lower now!! Ring dips are always like a breath break for me on this one.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #5042
Matthew Green

Profile:

Hi Scott, Just emailed CF Velocity asking if they have any room for an unafilliated Green for the invitational.

Nice work on Elizabeth, she's one of the Girl's I've not attempted as Rx'd yet since only learning dips recently.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #5043
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post
Hi Scott, Just emailed CF Velocity asking if they have any room for an unafilliated Green for the invitational.

Nice work on Elizabeth, she's one of the Girl's I've not attempted as Rx'd yet since only learning dips recently.
Great news, I am certain they will have no problem with you joining in the fun. In the evening they are having an AMRAP with rounds of drink also.

You only learnt dips recently, not too much to learn with them, down then up and repeat. What I like most about my Elizabeth is that 18 months ago I got 8 minutes something with power cleans and now I can beat that with squat cleans.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #5044
Jesse Emers

Profile:

AMRAP with drinks- sounds like my kind of WOD
Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 AM   #5045
Matthew Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
You only learnt dips recently, not too much to learn with them, down then up and repeat. What I like most about my Elizabeth is that 18 months ago I got 8 minutes something with power cleans and now I can beat that with squat cleans.
Yeah, it was more getting used to the rings, once I could do 1 I could do 10 a couple of weeks later.

It's the ROM on squat cleans that kills my times, I hadn't done full squat cleans for months before doing Kempies challange and 3 had me gasping.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #5046
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
AMRAP with drinks- sounds like my kind of WOD
Were doing the 'Centurion' at Christmas in the affiliate Jesse, a shot of beer and a burpee every minute for 100 minutes!!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #5047
Leon Robotham

Profile:

Kempie mentioned the Velocity fun weekend, it's something i'd like to get down to but not sure I can. Can you like the details for me as I cant find it on their site and i'll see what I can do to make it down. If it's late in Nov it'll probs be a no for me as it'll be closing on my fight.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:14 AM   #5048
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Robotham View Post
Kempie mentioned the Velocity fun weekend, it's something i'd like to get down to but not sure I can. Can you like the details for me as I cant find it on their site and i'll see what I can do to make it down. If it's late in Nov it'll probs be a no for me as it'll be closing on my fight.
I have emailed you the details Leon. Your gym was on the email list so maybe Kempie has already received an invite for you all. CF Velocity do not seem to have any details about it on there website so thats all I know so far, going to check that Keir's put our entry in today.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #5049
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Great news, I am certain they will have no problem with you joining in the fun. In the evening they are having an AMRAP with rounds of drink also.

Plus you have been working on the oly movement. I have found that in my workouts being I'm not as strong as you guys, that form, even just a little bit of form fixing equals great time gains and uses less energy to do the same work.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #5050
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Plus you have been working on the oly movement. I have found that in my workouts being I'm not as strong as you guys, that form, even just a little bit of form fixing equals great time gains and uses less energy to do the same work.
Thats exactly whats going to happen to me today when I hit Leon's challenge. Need to get in some Hang Squat Snatch practice before starting as last time I done the movement I had to power snatch then overhead squat which lost a lot of time.

Your stronger than me overhead right now Nik, you got me on the thruster recently remember.