CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #5011
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Great job on the FGB and challenge. You are a beast Scott. I don't think I have broke 300 yet.
Thanks Nik, very pleased getting that FGB done with a 'Judge' watching, makes my score seem more legit to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post
Todays CFFB workout looks pretty pointless for me 21-15-9 of bench and dips....... which in my sub world would be dips and dips. Might have a go at Kempies challange, haven't done swings in this gym yet, I may be there for some time tonight attempting to explain 'what muscles' i'm using
Quote:
You could do pushups for bench.
As Nik says Matt, you could always sub ring push ups for bench or you could bench, might be good to see what you can do now.

There was 3 young blokes in my gym standing and flexin there muscles at each other this afternoon, I was doing SS style SP and during my rest I was bored so I told them that flexin muscles without any weight makes them shrink and it convinces them that there not pushing any real weight. They believed me totally and did not see them flex once more.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #5012
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

12 October 2009

'Fran' C2B

21-15-9
Thrusters 95lb
Pull ups C2B - 5.09 PR (previous 5.57 in Feb)

Not overly happy with this, wanted sub 5 or even something near my normal Fran pr of 4.17. The c2b's really ate the time up whereas the thrusters went really well, a short pause on the 15 set and that was it.

SS Shoulder Press

Going to hit my stubborn weak shoulder press with SS style 3 x 5 reps two times a week for a while. Been trying to improve both my SP and HSPU lately and realised that it would be better to pick one or the other. Gone for SP as it covers the whole range of motion. Starting light as with SS.

55K - 5/5/5 (move up to 57.5k)
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #5013
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Still a good time Scott. I agree with you on the C2B it really makes it a different workout on any workout. I don't know what it would be like to just go head over. Could you imagine?

I need to do the same on SP, after I pulled my back, my extras have been few and far between.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #5014
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Still a good time Scott. I agree with you on the C2B it really makes it a different workout on any workout. I don't know what it would be like to just go head over. Could you imagine?

I need to do the same on SP, after I pulled my back, my extras have been few and far between.
Any PR should be taken I agree Nik, the extra power output of those C2B's are painful in that Fran, although they give you a little extra rest between the thrusters.

Be great if you join me in 'Shoulder Press Club', just 2 times a week we do 3 sets of 5 reps, hopefully it should be fine with your back.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #5015
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Any PR should be taken I agree Nik, the extra power output of those C2B's are painful in that Fran, although they give you a little extra rest between the thrusters.

Be great if you join me in 'Shoulder Press Club', just 2 times a week we do 3 sets of 5 reps, hopefully it should be fine with your back.
I don't know it is still hard to breath after the pullups when I'm SUPOSE to pick up the bar.

I'm in on the SP club. 5x5 at 120lbs today for me.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #5016
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
I don't know it is still hard to breath after the pullups when I'm SUPOSE to pick up the bar.

I'm in on the SP club. 5x5 at 120lbs today for me.
Yes you got to just pick up that bar on a quick one like Fran, get the pain done, recently theres been a lot of long painful metcons at my affiliate which makes short painful ones like Fran more bearable.

Good man, its only 3 sets of 5 reps each time though Nik. Thursday we do 3 x 125lb for 5 reps.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #5017
Nick Harris

Profile:

Quote:

I agree with Nik, I would probably add 3 to 4 minutes on to my time if I did C2B pull-ups... Really good time man.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #5018
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
I agree with Nik, I would probably add 3 to 4 minutes on to my time if I did C2B pull-ups... Really good time man.
Thanks Nick, my normal kipping fran is 4.17 so its added about a minute to my time, when you hitting Fran?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #5019
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Hey Scott, you squat clean elizabeth is 8:17. I don't know if this will help you as you are fast anyway. I don't know if you break up the cleans, but this video would have really helped me today if I had seen it this morning. (w/f/s)http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...al2ElizPre.wmv
Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #5020
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Hey Scott, you squat clean elizabeth is 8:17. I don't know if this will help you as you are fast anyway. I don't know if you break up the cleans, but this video would have really helped me today if I had seen it this morning. (w/f/s)http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...al2ElizPre.wmv
Thanks Nik, just watched that video, I guess the two main tips you got from it was to drive your elbows up as soon as you hit the squat and how to break the sets up, myself I always tend to go until failure then go again soon as possible.

The reason why I was going to do power cleans tomorrow was after the challenge squat clean thrusters and todays thrusters I thought it would be a change to not squat. Guess I should go after my squat clean PR, thanks for motivating me to do the right thing.