CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #4901
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: A Bears Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Green View Post
I had that problem as well, i dropped it on my lower neck rather than my traps. Still get a bit of bruising fom time to time, but the combination of landing it in the right place, dipping to recieve and using a bar with no centre knurl has stopped me from bleeding all over the gym
All the bars at the globo have that knurl and my shoulders dont get back enough to get it on my traps, it even hits my head when Im more stiff at the beginning. I use the dip on landing already. Right now I have a scab on each of the top four vertebrae.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #4902
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Good job on leons friends wod mate! Going all out is all that matters. Besides u got some good snatch practice. Sucks about u ripping ur skin on ur neck. Maybe u should put like a towel on ur shoulders or something whenever u do behind the neck work. I sometimes knock my self on the neck while doin behind the neck stuff but I'm use to it because we did a lot of that in my football days. It like getting the timing down on when the bar might hit you. I'll give that wod a try on our next rest day.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #4903
Richard Vanmeerbeek

Profile:

Blazing C2B Angie you did there Scott ! I'm going to have to go at it soon
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #4904
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara View Post
Good job on leons friends wod mate! Going all out is all that matters. Besides u got some good snatch practice. Sucks about u ripping ur skin on ur neck. Maybe u should put like a towel on ur shoulders or something whenever u do behind the neck work. I sometimes knock my self on the neck while doin behind the neck stuff but I'm use to it because we did a lot of that in my football days. It like getting the timing down on when the bar might hit you. I'll give that wod a try on our next rest day.
Yes the last few sets I pulled my T right up onto my neck to protect it, its getting better, last time I ripped a much bigger chunk of skin. Good luck with the WOD Ernie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vanmeerbeek View Post
Blazing C2B Angie you did there Scott ! I'm going to have to go at it soon
Thanks Richard, I made all the time up on the C2B's, my sit ups and squats suffered from DOMs so that time will go down next time around. :stir:
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
Old 09-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #4905
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

30 September 2009

'Tree Helen'

3 rounds for time:
Run 400m
21 KB Swings 1.5 pood
12 Pull Ups in a Tree - 10.19

Going to do Helen in this field every time now, its much harder and the tree pull ups are great, very hard but great. Got 6 consecutive first round then it was all broken up, branch is very fat and bouncy so thats not as feeble as it sounds. Sub 10 next time for sure.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:12 AM   #4906
Nick Harris

Profile:

Good morning from the US Scott,

Great result on the "Tree Helen" WOD! I would have loved to try this WOD outside, a little change of scenery would be nice.

Have a blessed day brother.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #4907
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Harris View Post
Good morning from the US Scott,

Great result on the "Tree Helen" WOD! I would have loved to try this WOD outside, a little change of scenery would be nice.

Have a blessed day brother.
Thanks Nick, doing as many of the workouts outside as possible now, there harder and you have nobody in your way, maybe a few dogs chasing you but that helps your time. Had a great day Nick and enjoy the Hopper!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #4908
Ernie Guevara

Profile:

Great time on the tree Helen mate! U gotta learn how to use that bounce fromt the branch to ur advantage lol. I remember enjoying doing that when I was a youngster. Use to show off like I could do so many pullups but it was really just using the branch bouncing me back up that did the trick lol. Well I guess it also depends on the branch and the fact that I was like 80lbs back then lol. Good luck on the hopper today mate. Watch ou for the first couple of box jumps. My legs felt weird fromt the lunges lol.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #4909
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

I noticed the bounce from the branch maybe could help, you have to catch it perfect though and it can also knock your kip off. Also remember when your 80lb the branches you can hang off are much thinner, at 200lb my branch was the size of my upper arms.

Looking forward to attacking the Chipper today (called it a 'Hopper' somewhere for unknown reason). Going to forget any gaming and go out full tilt attack. Thanks for the advice on the box jumps , we had those after walking lunges somewhere else and I remember nearly crashing on my first rep, luckily its only 20 ins today.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #4910
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
I noticed the bounce from the branch maybe could help, you have to catch it perfect though and it can also knock your kip off. Also remember when your 80lb the branches you can hang off are much thinner, at 200lb my branch was the size of my upper arms.

Looking forward to attacking the Chipper today (called it a 'Hopper' somewhere for unknown reason). Going to forget any gaming and go out full tilt attack. Thanks for the advice on the box jumps , we had those after walking lunges somewhere else and I remember nearly crashing on my first rep, luckily its only 20 ins today.
Man you are looking forward to it? That 2 pood will be tough. And Wall ball at the end. But everything is in managable chunks.

I would use that tree branch for an advantage. That is real life exercize.