CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
Chris Jordan

Profile:
Coach Kinney has agreed to meet with us for another Olympic Weightlifting Clinic at Parkway North. We have 3 hours scheduled with him on October 14th beginning at 9am.

We have room for 24 in the class and we are splitting his training fee among the participants. If the class is full this will be pretty cheap.

Please let me know by Oct. 9th if you plan to attend. I'll send more detailed directions out to the attendees.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:30 AM   #2
Chris Jordan

Profile:
bump
Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Count me in Chris.

Thanks!
CI
Old 09-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Chris Jordan

Profile:
I have received a good response to this event. Unfortunately my employer has other plans for me that weekend so it's likely that Julie will be there without me. That may actually be a bonus...

(Message edited by moreuglythanyou on September 25, 2006)
Old 09-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
Barry Owens

Profile:
Chris,

I would like to attend this event, but have had no previous o-lifting training. Would this be an appropriate place to start? Thank you.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
John Seiler

Profile:
Barry,

This is the perfect place to start. The seminar is for beginning O-lifters. Coach Kinney is a USAW certified coach who has been teaching high school kids to Oly lift for over a decade. He's excellent. Thrown in what he charges us and it's an unbeatable bargain to boot.

(Message edited by john_seiler on September 27, 2006)
Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
Barry Owens

Profile:
Thanks for the response John. In that case count me in. If someone would send directions and price info I would appreciate it.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
John Seiler

Profile:
Chris is the keeper of the list. I would contact him directly through his profile on the message board. Have a great time.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #9
Chris Jordan

Profile:
Barry,
The fee will be based on attendance. If you bring more people along the class just gets cheaper. I would plan for about $15-$20 based on the response I have received to this point. I'll send directions in a later email. Basically go to parkway north and enter the first doors you see.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #10
Eric Allen Kerr

Profile:
Just wanted to say that the clinic was well worth the price of admission.

We went over: clean, split jerk, and snatch.

Only having 3 hours, the progression was fast, but I thought Coach Kinney broke everything down well.

He set us up in pairs so we could watch each others technique and offer feedback based on what he was telling/showing us.

He also had plenty of pictures on the walls and video to provide additional points of instruction/emphasis/example.

I'm now suitably impressed concerning the technical expertise it takes to do any of above mentioned lifts properly and I also understand Pierre's point about having and using training bars and weights to perfect these lifts before really engaging in any heavy lifting.

Thanks to the Jordans for setting this opportunity up. And it was great to see some of the other Crossfitters in the area.

Cheers,