CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
Mauricio Leal

Profile:
Re: Infinity Rig DIY GHD Attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Dirghalli View Post
Mauricio, thanks for the details. I think I can make it work with 2x8. What did you mean when you said that people use the extra material as a foot hold to get on the pull-up bar? Also I'm guessing that if you add some pipe insulation that you would have to adjust your "ankle" diameter?

Thanks again!
You're welcome. The foot hold just means because the extra material sticks out it forms a sort of step to help people reach the pull-up bars.

Yeah the insulation might add some small diameter, but I'm hoping it won't matter since I left a little room anyway, and the insulation is squishy. We'll see.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
Stefan Dirghalli

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Leal View Post
The foot hold just means because the extra material sticks out it forms a sort of step to help people reach the pull-up bars.
Ok that makes sense about the foot hold. I have one of the free-standing Rogue SPX stand sets so regardless of how I rig this up I will have to add some weight to the rack to be able to really do GHD exercises. Your design has certainly given me some great ideas and with minor adjustments I am pretty sure I can make it work. At this point, anything would be better than what I'm using!

Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
Joey Allen

Profile:

thanks for the post! i'll be doing something like this for my R3 very soon.. at least until Rogue decides to build something similar and sell me one.