CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Michael Loucas

Profile:
Re: Just purchased Rogue R3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Roberts View Post
My preference is to have it further a way from the wall so that I have access to both sides of the rack. That is why I was looking at the R4 stablilizers as they are 43".

Why did the crossbars not work for your setup? I wanted to get them added to my order before it ships but I would hate to purchase the crossbars and find out that they don't solve my issue.
Ok, the reason they don't work for me is because I have to press in a specific spot. I have a drop ceiling, and I have some tiles removed so I can press in that exact spot (I sometimes miss which is annoying, but that is another story).

Having the R-3 2 feet out from the wall not only misaligns the rack with the ceiling by a lot, but it also makes the rack take up more room in the basement.

Attached is a picture of how I have it setup right now, have had no major issues.

Disadvantages:

1.I can't deadlift inside the rack (the wood brings it high enough that the bar won't rest on the ground)
2. I can't do banded work obviously.
3. I can't press in the rack because of the upside down monkey pullup bar and the rack is lower.
4. It slides around

The picture attached isn't my exact rack. The things I did different, is the wood is only as long as necessary to be under the feet, and it is only extended past enough to be able to bolt the piece of wood across the back. Also, I had the 2x4's lined up with the inner edge of the feet of the rack, rather than the outer edge and I put 2 bolts in instead of 1 like in the picture.

Also I don't squat on carpet like this guy does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	9872