CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 01-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #1
Scott Parker

Profile:
when doing push-ups during a workout, is it better to do all of the pull-ups in a row, even if it means having assistance from a gravitron machine, (thus keeping my heart rate up i would think), or should i do them unassited, even if it means resting and breaking it up into multiple "sets?" usually i can do 20 pull-ups in a row no problem, but it's a one time thing. the next time around i'm struggling, and can maybe do half or so, and by, say, the third time i'm doing them in sets of 2 or 3 sometimes. what should i do?!

thanks!

scott
Old 01-05-2003, 09:44 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Hey Scott!

I have no idea if this is the "right" way to do it but I pretty much mix and match all of the variables you mentioned above. Occasionally I will go for it on the first set and may only be able to do sets of three or five afterwards. On the days when we alternate between say dips and pullups I do ladders 1, 2,3, 4,5, 1,2,3, 1 etc. It allows me to have powerful movements while packing in some serious volume. The other day there was a gravitron workout...I am still sore from that!

IMO it sounds like you are varrying things in a great way...just keep hacking away at that!
Robb
Old 01-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #3
Scott Parker

Profile:
robb,

yeah, that gravitron workout didn't seem that bad at first, but i sure as heck felt it the next day! thanks again for the advice!

scott