CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
Emily Maisannes

Profile:
Re: Emily's workout log

WU: Cindy (2 rds)

WOD:

10 KB cleans, right and left (12 kg)
10 pullups (rings)
10 cleans (43 lbs)

5 rounds (almost 6, but I was 5 cleans short) in 20 mins

Thoughts: This felt good. I really felt like I was on fire today. My pullups, even on rings are still weak, but I'm working on it. I really focused on what Sue was telling me about making sure I'm doing the pulling with my lats instead of relying on my biceps. "Don't use those itty bitty muscles in your arms. Use those big ones that cover almost half your back!" This was a rough workout because it was ALL pulling. After we were done, the resting position for my arms was not quite straight. My biceps are still a little contracted at rest right now. My KB cleans felt a lot smoother, and this was the first time I've done them outside of practice for form. This was the first time I was doing them for time, and I'm surprised I was coordinated enough not to break my forearms in the process.

Note to self: Write down the workout BEFORE the workout. My scribbling looks like the workings of an epileptic chicken practicing Sanskrit.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #22
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Kipping work (yeah, it's gonna be awhile)

WOD:

Tabata rounds of:
KB swings (16 kg)
Erging
Wall ball (8 lb, round 6 switched to a 6 lb)
Pushups (knees)
Squats (every other round, bottom to bottom)

Thoughts: I knew that everyone hated Tabata rounds, but now I know why. I'd never done them before. I still feel like my strongest exercise is KB swings. I still feel like I can do them all day long. I think I will bump up to the 20 kg KB after this workout. No, it'll never be a rowing machine. Rowing is what you do on water. It's an ergometer, and you erg on an ergometer. The B2B on the squats f***ing sucked. I tried so hard to hold it at the bottom, but my glutes just started shaking violently and then gave out. It just wasn't going to happen. On the pushups, the sweat kept on dripping off my nose. I'd sit up on my heels for the rest and the sweat would just run down my face. I had no idea a human could sweat that much when it wasn't hot outside. It was a fun workout and I'd love to do it again sometime, just not soon!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #23
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post

Note to self: Write down the workout BEFORE the workout. My scribbling looks like the workings of an epileptic chicken practicing Sanskrit.
Snort.... that was great.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

WU:
Cindy (2 rds)

Strength:
Press 3x5 (53 lbs)

WOD:
10 DL (113 lbs)
10 Box jumps (19")
10 HSPU (piked on knees)

5 rounds
15:56

Cool Down:
200m overhead barbell walk (33 lbs)

Thoughts: I was so glad to be lifting heavy today. I asked for it and I got it. Everything is going to be a PR for me, and certainly lifting that much weight was. The last time I did DL, it was only 25 reps in the workout, and it was only 103 lbs. I knew I could do more. This weight felt good. I was really hoping to get rid of the bumper plate in front of my box, but I just couldn't get the power out of my legs with those DLs. Next time for my HSPUs, I'll be in a full pike on the box and not on my knees anymore. Oh, and on the strength work in the beginning, it was SO hard to get that weight up without engaging my core to snap it up overhead. The overhead BB walk felt good, and believe me, my shoulders were burning at the end! And for the warmup, I did one size thinner band for my first set of pullups. I'm getting there!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #25
Chris Scott

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
Me too! Mine are slightly more readable, like a drunken 3rd grader. Glad I'm not the only one.

Congrats on your progress!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #26
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
Me too! Mine are slightly more readable, like a drunken 3rd grader. Glad I'm not the only one.

Congrats on your progress!
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #27
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Strength:
Cleans 3x5 (53, 63, 73)

WOD:
10 SDHP (53 lbs)
10 ring pushups
10 situps

4 rds
7:09

200m barbell walk (33 lbs)

Thoughts: I was still a little sore from the heavy Monday, but I felt pretty good. I got a little wobbly with the SDHPs, thanks to a little bit of uneven development from playing asymmetrical sports at a young age. Damn the fencing. My left side is more explosive, but my right side is better at brute strength. Who knows. All I knew was that I rocked the situps. I don't even work abs that much, but it just goes to show you how much core strength training we do that DOESN'T involve traditional ab work. YAY!!! I know it wasn't that many, but the ring pushups are really taxing on the core.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Strength:
OHS 5x5 (15, 33, 43, 43, 43)

WOD:
400 m run
10 cleans (53 lbs)
20 KB swings (20 kg woot woot)

3 rds
18:27

"Cool down": 30 KTE

Thoughts: I had never tried OHS before, but it was rough. First, there's the challenge of getting the thing up there with that wide grip. I loved how controlled it was to get really deep, though. I enjoyed it a lot. I was kind of in a love-hate relationship with this workout. I was hoping that I could just sneak the 20 kg KB past Steve, and he didn't see it until halfway through my second round. Then he started giving it the hairy-eyed look. Hahahaha... I love that heavier KB. Any workout with KB work at all makes me a happy panda. I don't know why I just enjoy them so much. Not even the running was horrible, until I realized that getting the heavier KB was going to suck the life out of me. The first run was strong. The second sucked. The third and I was SO glad there wasn't a fourth round. My cleans suffered a bit in power because of the effort I was expending with the bigger KB, but I don't want to let the 20 go!!! I have found that my overall recovery time is getting to be fairly short. Sure, I'll still be sweating like a pig, but I won't be quite as wiped 3-5 mins later.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #29
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

I went out of town with every intent to work out the whole time I was gone. I'd make do with what was in the hotel gym and just do a bunch of bodyweight exercises. Well, the day after I got into town, I started getting sick. It just got worse and worse and now I'm finally headed home tomorrow, and just starting to get over this funk. This is the first time I've been sick in AGES. I haven't been sick for over a year. I don't think I've been this sick since maybe the winter of 2006/2007. So I know Friday's workout back home at my affiliate is going to suck a metric ton. I've lost some weight in a bad way and I can feel how weak I've become. Friday is going to crush me, but I know the climb up won't be as hard this time. And I'm bound and determined to get rid of that stinkin' bumper plate in front of the box and just suck it up and do the full 20"!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #30
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Technique: Snatch balance with PVC

Strength: Back Squats 5x5 (83-93-93-93-103)

WOD:
10 SDHP (53 lbs)
15 KB swings (20 kg)
20 push ups (knees)
4 rounds

I forgot to get my time, but it's somewhere between 12 and 15 mins or so. I'll modify this later.

Tabata sit ups (15-15-10-10-8-8-8-8)

Thoughts: This was my first WOD in 2 weeks. I went away on business and had every intent to do BW exercises, but all that went down the toilet when I got dreadfully sick. I knew that this workout was going to be tough on breathing, and I was glad it was a fairly strength-intensive. I had a really hard time breathing. I know I could have just killed that workout and done a heavier weight on the SDHP, but I just felt like I was suffocating. Steve had me bring the 16 kg KB to where I was lifting, just in case. Every time I thought a swing was too hard, I stared at that 16 like it was my worst enemy. I do have to say that the push ups were easier than they ever have been. I also really need to go to the smaller band on my warm up pull ups. I have no need for the big band anymore.