CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #11
Scott Jenkins

Profile:
Re: Matt's Training Log

You owe - 10K - 5K - 2K ROW
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 07-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #12
Matthew Williams

Profile:

There's just no need for that. Haha
Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #13
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Tuesday 080722

Push jerk 3-3-3-3-3 reps

50/60/70/75/80(PR) (all weights in Kg)

Bench Press
50(12), 60(10), 80(6), 80(5) (all weights in Kg)

Row 2K
7:59:80 - Damper setting 5 / Spm av. 34 I think

Real happy today, doing overtinme but managed to get down the gym in my lunch break as I found one close to work. Getting 80kg on Push Jerk was great today, reps were hard but I reckon more aggression and they would have gone up better, but all reps counted. Did a bit of Bench just because it was there and I had enough time for it.

Rowing was good, really enjoyed that even though it hurt like hell at the end. Tried pacing myself at around 8:04 preparing to sprint finish. Did exactly that but feel I could have started the sprint earlier. Started at around 200m today, shall try 300-350 next time.

Now back to work. Best lunch break EVER
Old 07-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #14
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Friday 080725
In honor of "Jeremy"

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Overhead squats
Burpees

9.42.4 (Rx'd)

1st set of OHS unbroken, 2nd broken into 8 & 7 3rd unbroken.

Burpees still need some work, all were done chest and legs touching floor, just my cardio holding me back from going quicker. Only last set unbroken

Was going to do Fran after this but my legs were not feeling 100% strong to give it justice, so I'll save that for Sunday when I next train.

Finished with 4 set Max Reps for ring dips and dead hang ring pulls

Ring Dips: 20(PR),12,10,9
DH Ring Pull Ups: 9(PR),6,6,5
Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 AM   #15
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

YOU LOOK LIKE A BIG GINGER SPIDER HANGING FROM THE CEILING in your avatar!!!

Good work on them Ring Dips Mr Spider, I will add them into my mix tomorrow unless there in the WOD .

PS : look on competitions (JULY PULL-UP CHALLENGE) - it says whoever wins can pick the next monthly challenge. Im top at the moment so you can help me think of a right good challenge for next month if noone turns me over.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56

Last edited by Scott Jenkins; 07-25-2008 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Ad pull ups info
Old 07-25-2008, 05:26 AM   #16
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
YOU LOOK LIKE A BIG GINGER SPIDER HANGING FROM THE CEILING in your avatar!!!

Good work on them Ring Dips Mr Spider, I will add them into my mix tomorrow unless there in the WOD .
Nice, thats the look I was going for

Ring dips are getting better, much more stable on the rings now. Tried a muscle up after doing all that, wasn't even worth trying
Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 AM   #17
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Sunday 080727

"Fran"
Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

9:34.8 Rx'd (PR) Previous best 10:09.81

Bench Press
50(10) 60(8), 80(5), 80(5), 80(5)

"Michael"

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

23:49.3 (Best 23:07.88)

Finished my nightshift this morning but had to get these two WODs done. Didnt think I would get a PR on Fran, but was very happy when I saw my final time, 4th time of trying and now I'm sub 10mins. Now the hard work really starts!

Needed to do something before Michael to get my second wind and I find benching very good for that so thats why I've put that in again.

Michael didnt feel anywhere near as good as my previous attempt. Legs felt very heavy on the run which lost me time. Think doing Fran didnt really help. Either way I'm happy with today, finally got myself a dancing veg.

Osteopath appointment tomorrow for my lower back, moment of truth I think, if anyone reads this pleae do cross your fingers that its good news for me.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #18
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Monday 080728

Visit to the Osteopath.

Well that was the most my back has ever clicked in its life, but came out of there feeling alot better. From the sounds of it I dont have sciatica as my doctor suggested. My problems are caused by alot of tightness in my lower back, joined with heavy lifting on that area and the fact that my seated posture is all wrong.

So to cut a long story short, I've got to sort out how I sit at home, in my car and at work. Possibly joined a pilates class, ice my back 5-6 times a day (10mins at a time), stretch and avoid deadlifting, rowing and any other exercise that put pressure on my lower back for a bit.

That last bit sucks but if I am to get rid of this pain it'll be better in the long run. Not an interesting log for people to read but a good way to remind myself to keep on top of everything to help with my recovery.

VERY happy its not a disc problem
Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #19
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Well thats sort of good news then. Is Back Squat included in the not allowed list. Sounds like you just got to sit up straight and stop slumping in your seat.

Managed to re-injure left shoulder at gymnastics yesterday which has me right off and my tendonitus is about as flared up as it can be. Lower back still stiff every morning. Will still try and hit the CFT total later as if I do not my mood will get very bad and I might lose my job. Hate resting!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
Matthew Williams

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins View Post
Well thats sort of good news then. Is Back Squat included in the not allowed list. Sounds like you just got to sit up straight and stop slumping in your seat.

Managed to re-injure left shoulder at gymnastics yesterday which has me right off and my tendonitus is about as flared up as it can be. Lower back still stiff every morning. Will still try and hit the CFT total later as if I do not my mood will get very bad and I might lose my job. Hate resting!!!
I'm taking it as good news, could have been much much worse considering the symptoms I had. I did mention back squat to her and she did say try to keep away from it, but was more insistant on avoiding deadlift and rowing. Plus squats somtimes help loosen up my hips a bit, so I may stick with just doing a lighter weight.

Shame about your shoulder though mate, no point in me saying anything more about it than that, as you know what has to be done. CFT is something I wont be trying for a while