CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Jeffbmitchell

Profile:
beginner crossfit

Im wanting to start crossfit but im very out of shape. Im 6'2 290 and haven't worked out in several years. What beginner crossfit workouts can I do at home and what equipment would I need. Thanks for your help guys. I also found this website not sure if thats too much or not enough. www.cleaneatsinthezoo.com. Just click on 30 day at home workout.

Last edited by Jeffbmitchell; 04-11-2013 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: add
Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
Karolina Strzelecka

Profile:
Re: beginner crossfit

Great that you want to start crossfiting!! Maybe somewhere in your neighbourhood there is a CrossFit gym? It's the best idea to start CrossFit.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: beginner crossfit

http://www.crossfitbrandx.com/index..../viewforum/16/ WFS scaled versions of the daily WOD's.

This is a pretty common question that comes up. Did you try a forum search?

Equipment?

Pullup bar and rings. Hang the rings off the bar and do lots of rows besides pushups, etc.

A kettlebell is nice. Dumbbells are good too but they a DB swing isn't the same as a KB swing.

Cheap barbell and iron plates. Bumpers sure are nice as is a decent bar but it's ok to start out with a set from the local sports store or Walmart or online. Making some squat stands can be done or you can be a cheaper set of stands or join a globo gym to go in and do stuff like squats and overhead presses and deadlifts.

Jumprope.

Shoes. You can run in a pair of cons or trainers. Kind of depends if you embark on the minimalist route. I would caution gradually working yourself into it being that you are a big guy.

A timer though you can get good apps for tablets or a smart phone. A big clock works well if it does seconds.

If your budget is limited or space, get what you can make use of ya got. Search for a thread on Bodyweight workouts that covers BW WOD's.