CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Abby Federmann

Profile:
Hello all my fellow ATHLETES!!! My name is Abby Federmann, I am newly registered to this message board but not new to CrossFit...I need some guidance, I have recently moved out to Lacey WA about 40 minutes south of Seattle as my husband is a solider in the 1st Special Forces Group out here at Ft. Lewis. I am having a baby any day now and soon after will need to start working again. I have been a Persoanl Trainer for a year now and I had to leave a GREAT job with Designs In Fitness & Cape Fear CrossFit when we left North Carolina! I need to get in touch with anyone out here in this region that can stear me in the right direction for employement. I want to avoid the "ugghhh BIG Gyms" and I really want to stay active in trianing with the CrossFit methodolgy. Can anyone help me out? I will appreciate it greatly! Thanks! Abby Federmann abbyfedermann@yahoo.com
Old 05-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
Tim Weaver

Profile:
Eugene Allen of Crossfit Pierce County in Tacoma. I am sure he'll chime in here. :-)
Old 05-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #3
Abby Federmann

Profile:
Yes, I hope he does! I met him a while back, we worked out but I sure wasn't at the top of my game as I was 7 mths pregnant! Can't wait to get back into it full throttle!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
Laurie Bowler

Profile:
Hey Abby, Did you get my email?
Laurie
Rainier CrossFit
Old 05-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #5
Tim Weaver

Profile:
I forgot all about Ranier CF. My bad.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Here I am chiming in but my breadth of knowledge is in the tactical law enforcement field as my CF thing is an enthusiastic sideline. Yes, for sure get hold of Laurie and Kurt at Rainier CF and the folks at CFN as well up in Seattle.

Love to have you back for some workouts Abby as soon as you're feeling up to it. Do let us know about the littlest Federmann.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
John Velandra

Profile:
WoooHoooo! Abby's on the board!!! :talker: Just to chime in my .02, she's a great athlete (when not pregnant or moving accross the country) and I hated to see her go.

Definately help get her pointed in the right direction. She's worth it.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #8
Abby Federmann

Profile:
Yep John--I got on board! Everyone has been a great help! I now will focus on my Fitness (once this baby comes) then get the ball rolling a bit faster from there! Ill call you!

Eugene--I plan to come workout again! Can you review your days and times with me? I had a great time last time so "it is on" this time around!

Laurie-- thanks for all you help! If anything comes your way please let me know! I plan to come for a workout in late June! Then we can visit a little too! Thanks again!

Lastly-- Since there is such limited opportunity at the CrossFit facilities...does anyone know of Personal Training Agencies in the area? This way I can stay out of the "box gym" and use CrossFit as my hook! I know the kind of trainer I am and want to be I just need the chance to show how well it will work for ANY individual! thanks again all! abby
Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
I have workouts just about every day at 1100 and 1730, the just about part is because of SWAT training, OT jobs, court or some other blasted interference that buggers up the important stuff. I let everyone know when I am not available and sometimes they come anyway and just do what I have up on the board. Let me know when you want to come up and we'll work out the details. Bring the baby.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
Mike Burgener

Profile:
eugene....true warriors accept all those that are motivated to be the best they can be....with children or not!!! aimee anaya brings jade with her every workout and she is welcome!!! cara from lousianna brought her 2 sons every workout...they were welcome!!!! you are a warrior!!!