CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #341
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Corona View Post
I love the smiley with weights....hahaha.

You said unofficial, but Vessey I think just made it official. How it usually goes with me is, I will have 1 maybe 2 saturdays of lame not so good lifts, then to have the PR surprise me, on a day I dont expect it. Wierd thing about this challenge is I am now nervous on wednesday, instead of usually getting slightly nervous on Saturday max day. All good. 205# will be sweet!

The pushup "I suk, you rock" is hilarious!

Alan, I love HHSnatches, but have a very hard time with HHCleans...cant wait to see your vid.

edit** I finally am getting an iphone soon, then I can video these PR's, and have em torn apart.
As long as it's pushups and not burpees I could make it semi-offcial. I figure If I can light a little fire under my own arse (or yours) then it's all good. Besides I figure I've got until about the middle of November to get this done. I've got baby #2 on the way and I imagine I probably won't be able to make it to the gym as consistently after he arrives.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #342
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
As long as it's pushups and not burpees I could make it semi-offcial. I figure If I can light a little fire under my own arse (or yours) then it's all good. Besides I figure I've got until about the middle of November to get this done. I've got baby #2 on the way and I imagine I probably won't be able to make it to the gym as consistently after he arrives.
Isn't the "new thing to do" strapping that newborn to your chest? You can gym consistently that way...
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 09-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #343
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
I also think its cool to have motivation from elsewhere. On my own, I can have more cheat days, and some days, do something different from outlaw. Fire under arse is good. I do wanna hit the platform one day, but I get nervous just thinking about lifting in a controlled environment...but one day.

Consistency is probably my biggest lesson of this year. Outlaw is a good program and all, but my gains are probably more cause I've stuck with something, instead of jumping around. I did Mikes gym for probably 2-5 week cycles, then just dabbled cause of boardome. I've done catalyst for a 4 week cycle, didnt continue. Did my own thing before all that. Outlaw barbell training since the open.

...and snatches with baby strapped to chest? You guys know thats dangerous, right? Strap 'em to your back, way safer, and you can still keep the bar close to your body!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #344
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Baby strapped to back will help you keep weight toward the heels. Important.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #345
Lawrence Korchnak

Profile:

Quote:
Strap 'em to your back, way safer, and you can still keep the bar close to your body!
I'm pretty sure we have a Baby Bjorn laying around somewhere. Need it?

I read that they're the best way to keep the baby secure while doing oly lifts...I think it was in their marketing material.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #346
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Korchnak View Post
I'm pretty sure we have a Baby Bjorn laying around somewhere. Need it?

I read that they're the best way to keep the baby secure while doing oly lifts...I think it was in their marketing material.
Yeah I've got a Baby Bjorn somewhere too...Just have to wait for Rudy to program BOB (Baby on Back) BB Gymnastics and I'll be good .
Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #347
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

I replied to something a few pages back and realized there was a bunch of extra pages and the discussions long since moved on. No longer funny.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #348
John C Corona

Profile:

197lb snatch today! 2 more lb PR! I went straight to 205, got it overhead with a bent arm and couldnt hold it. Sooooooooon! The bad is I missed 195 twice before adding 2 lbs, and getting the 197. Good thing is, Im not afraid of 205.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #349
James Orr

Profile:

Quote:
197lb snatch today! 2 more lb PR! I went straight to 205, got it overhead with a bent arm and couldnt hold it. Sooooooooon! The bad is I missed 195 twice before adding 2 lbs, and getting the 197. Good thing is, Im not afraid of 205.
Nice
Old 09-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #350
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Dustin...Step up your game! You don't want to get the Pushup Penalty do you? How embarrassing would it be to lose to a guy with Banana's as his Avatar!

Haha good job John! Is it weird that I am more excited about your PR's than my own?
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)