CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #331
Matthew Vesey

Profile:
Re: The Outlaw Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Corona View Post
Saturday I hit 195lb snatch (5lb PR)! I had 200lbs overhead twice, but couldnt keep it to stand with it! 6 months ago, I had a repeatable 165lb PR, and ugly unmatchable 175). I hit 185 6 weeks ago, 190 about 3 weeks ago. Today I HighHangSnatched 170! 6 months ago, I never dreamed I would be near or at 200lbs. When I got 185, I thought 200lb might be around december if I was lucky. Mo-effers...Im looking at 205, or even more by the new year. I know Im about 100lbs off of Jake Rubash's 300+ snatch (who's my hero btw), but for me, I really cant believe my numbers.

I just feel Outlaw programming is the right blend that "I" need. Maybe the advances arent just the programming, its my body working better...who knows, but whatever it is, its working.
Awesome, Congrats! I can't wait to be allowed to start going for heavier weights with my coached sessions. That being said, after this mornings session I started nailing my UGLY 1rm Power Snatch PR as a full snatch with much better form quite easily (If you remember from before, my Snatch PR was 205# as an ugly Power Snatch and my full snatch was around 165#-175#...not the case any more. Coaches figure I will hit 110KG by Christmas which would be a nice gift from Sanata!) I am really enjoying doing Olympic stuff/Squats every morning for 2 hours and then doing the Outlaw stuff in the evening. It just fits perfectly with my schedule atm. Tend to go lighter in the AM and focus on technique and then play with my big-boy weights in the PM
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 09-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #332
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
my Snatch PR was 205# as an ugly Power Snatch and my full snatch was around 165#-175#...not the case any more. Coaches figure I will hit 110KG by Christmas which would be a nice gift from Sanata!) I am really enjoying doing Olympic stuff/Squats every morning for 2 hours and then doing the Outlaw stuff in the evening. It just fits perfectly with my schedule atm. Tend to go lighter in the AM and focus on technique and then play with my big-boy weights in the PM
I never had that kinda power, as my pwr snatch is kinda sad and difficult. But I luuuuvv the full sqts. 110kg before Christmas...oh nelley! Thats 2 red and 2 blues!!! You need 115kg so the 5kg collars can be on there. 120kg being 2 reds ea side...that would nice for you before next years open.

I was flying high all day after I hit 195#. Im still stoked tbh. Im pretty sure I will not be able to contain myself when I hit 200#. I see a few pints of Ben & Jerry's in my future.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #333
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
I never had that kinda power, as my pwr snatch is kinda sad and difficult. But I luuuuvv the full sqts. 110kg before Christmas...oh nelley! Thats 2 red and 2 blues!!! You need 115kg so the 5kg collars can be on there. 120kg being 2 reds ea side...that would nice for you before next years open.

I was flying high all day after I hit 195#. Im still stoked tbh. Im pretty sure I will not be able to contain myself when I hit 200#. I see a few pints of Ben & Jerry's in my future.
Alright John I'm going to unofficially race you to 205. My snatch numbers are nearly identical to yours. Started snatching earlier this year and my previous 1RM was 165lbs. After the last Outlaw cycle I'm at 185 (the last time I tried 190 I had it up and over me every time but just kept losing it). Next time I'm skipping 190 and going for 195. Haha it's on
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #334
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
Alright John I'm going to unofficially race you to 205. My snatch numbers are nearly identical to yours. Started snatching earlier this year and my previous 1RM was 165lbs. After the last Outlaw cycle I'm at 185 (the last time I tried 190 I had it up and over me every time but just kept losing it). Next time I'm skipping 190 and going for 195. Haha it's on
The Race begins! you guys should put a wager on it!
Loser films themselves doing 205 Burpees and uploads to Youtube or Vimeo! Great incentive...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OR.....! Go military punishment style: 205 Pushups in which on the way down you say "I Suck" and the way up you say "You Rock". That is a good incentive to win!

Happy lifting! I will get my popcorn
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #335
Alan Siebuhr

Profile:

Hit a 225# high hang clean and push jerk today! (push jerk was ugly as hell, though).

edit: will get the video in ASAP.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #336
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
Haha it's on
I love the smiley with weights....hahaha.

You said unofficial, but Vessey I think just made it official. How it usually goes with me is, I will have 1 maybe 2 saturdays of lame not so good lifts, then to have the PR surprise me, on a day I dont expect it. Wierd thing about this challenge is I am now nervous on wednesday, instead of usually getting slightly nervous on Saturday max day. All good. 205# will be sweet!

The pushup "I suk, you rock" is hilarious!

Alan, I love HHSnatches, but have a very hard time with HHCleans...cant wait to see your vid.

edit** I finally am getting an iphone soon, then I can video these PR's, and have em torn apart.

Last edited by John C Corona; 09-26-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #337
Lawrence Korchnak

Profile:

First off, congrats on all the PR's droppin'. Love it. I'll be waiting for those videos!

Let me get this out there...

That 60 minute/AMRAP/WOD-a-thon about crushed me. Wow, that was tough but I completed all the WODs in the time prescribed....and finished before collapsing.

Today's (I'm a day behind) HH cleans are real tough for me. I have a tough time getting under the bar quickly (w/o a hang pull). So here's my question: What's the more likely culprit?

a) I move like sh*t

b) I'm nearly 6' 3" and just need to get quicker

c) both.

Any other taller guys struggle with these? And what'd you do to get better?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #338
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Korchnak View Post
First off, congrats on all the PR's droppin'. Love it. I'll be waiting for those videos!

Let me get this out there...

That 60 minute/AMRAP/WOD-a-thon about crushed me. Wow, that was tough but I completed all the WODs in the time prescribed....and finished before collapsing.

Today's (I'm a day behind) HH cleans are real tough for me. I have a tough time getting under the bar quickly (w/o a hang pull). So here's my question: What's the more likely culprit?

a) I move like sh*t

b) I'm nearly 6' 3" and just need to get quicker

c) both.

Any other taller guys struggle with these? And what'd you do to get better?
probably C.
Where/how do you miss - normally?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #339
Lawrence Korchnak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
probably C.
Where/how do you miss - normally?
My miss is in the catch---not able to get under it. The ones I do get are usually closer to a power clean than true squat clean. Whether it's physical (not fast/strong enough) or mental, I'm not sure.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #340
Alan Siebuhr

Profile:

Quote:
I love the smiley with weights....hahaha.

You said unofficial, but Vessey I think just made it official. How it usually goes with me is, I will have 1 maybe 2 saturdays of lame not so good lifts, then to have the PR surprise me, on a day I dont expect it. Wierd thing about this challenge is I am now nervous on wednesday, instead of usually getting slightly nervous on Saturday max day. All good. 205# will be sweet!

The pushup "I suk, you rock" is hilarious!

Alan, I love HHSnatches, but have a very hard time with HHCleans...cant wait to see your vid.

edit** I finally am getting an iphone soon, then I can video these PR's, and have em torn apart.
John, unfortunately the person who filmed it couldn't send it to me via email so I couldn't upload it to Youtube, just on my Facebook. If there is a way to convert Facebook videos somehow, let me know.

edit: My friend actually uploaded it.