CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Jeff S Johnson

Profile:
Dave Tate

Anyone else's jaw hit the floor to see Dave Tate video in the Journal?

I don't know if Coach reached out to Dave or vice versa, but it's both surprising and very cool. Hopefully "Who is Dave Tate?" is just the first installment on that deal. Hardcore powerlifter, but apparently willing to step outside of his "box." The deal he did with John Berardi on leaning out and cleaning up his diet is a great example of that, as is his speaking to CrossFitters.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Steven Matheson

Profile:
Re: Dave Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S Johnson View Post
Anyone else's jaw hit the floor to see Dave Tate video in the Journal?

I don't know if Coach reached out to Dave or vice versa, but it's both surprising and very cool. Hopefully "Who is Dave Tate?" is just the first installment on that deal. Hardcore powerlifter, but apparently willing to step outside of his "box." The deal he did with John Berardi on leaning out and cleaning up his diet is a great example of that, as is his speaking to CrossFitters.
I posted link to his work with Berardi in the nutrition forum. And I agree. Dave Tate is like my hero.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Dave Tate = awesome
Koklyaev is awesomer though
Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Zac Jereb

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
Dave Tate = awesome
Koklyaev is awesomer though

Koklyaev is awesomEST.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #5
Shane Skowron

Profile:

I'm waiting to hear the excuses the guys on ***, TNation, etc will have for this one. 'Cause they're running out.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
Steven Quadros

Profile:

I can only assume they'll say he's doing it for the publicity, and, more likely, the silly amounts of money he can earn from aligning himself with this current trend in fitness. Just a guess.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Scott Spencer

Profile:

dave tate probably reached out to crossfitters because he like strong people. We work at getting strong and have a simular love for it.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Ryan Whitley

Profile:

I don't see why everyone is so excited to about Dave Tate...here is a quote from Mr. Tate in regards to unqualified training advice:

"Yeah, my b*******-detector goes off when a guy who is barely a buck eighty starts telling people how to use steroids. Guys like that need to stick a needle in their a**, get under the bar, and move some f******* weight, then come back and maybe I'll listen."

I got that quote from http://www.anthonyrobertsonline.com/...e_for_two.html (not WFS)

I have gained my strength through squats, milk, and sweat. I am not impressed by a man who gets his strength through a needle.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
Christian Charles Wright Jr.

Profile:

in all fairness, DT mostly talks about hard work in the interview and was being interviewed by a steroid guru, so I am sure the interviewer psuhing the question....

see the last sentence here...

DT - All of it. All of the s*** you read about in my articles and Louie [Simmons'] articles is totally true. People read about Westside and think, “That's it?”…but it's all true. There's nothing held back, no secrets, no nothing…we tell it like it is. The thing is, people just read it and say, “I'm going to go do it” and they put in this half assed effort, they miss workouts, they don't break their asses and push real weight, then they don't get results and they think there must be some super-double-secret technique or drug that we have at Westside that's responsible for our success. That's simply not true. The secret is working hard, not reading some f****** article.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Jacob Cloud

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Whitley View Post

I have gained my strength through squats, milk, and sweat. I am not impressed by a man who gets his strength through a needle.

Meh. All of the elite powerlifters juice, if you listen to popular opinion. I'd rather see people cop up to it than duck the question. I'm not sure how much milk it would take to get a clean 2000+lb PL total, but I assume it's a lot more than either of us are willing to consume.

I respect honesty and hard work, in the end.