CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
Brian Conlan

Profile:
Hi everyone, I am a student at UW-Madison looking to get into CrossFit after wasting time "lifting" in the gym. I searched around and saw that there are a couple gyms that are "CF friendly". As a student though, I get access to the campus gyms, which are a little more generic I think.

Through my searching I saw there are a couple "elite CF'rs" in the Madison area. Anyone got any suggestions or want to get together to do some work-outs?

Brian
Old 04-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Joe Marsh

Profile:
Brian, not to sound like a jerk, but have you emailed anyone of the crossfitters in your area directly? Most of us would jump at the chance to add a workout buddy!!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Brian Conlan

Profile:
Joe,

I thought about it, but I didn't want to seem too forward and be a burden on anyone. This way if someone wants to respond, they can, if not, no big deal.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
Welcome Brian. Sorry for the late response, I did not notice your post until this morning. I live in Waukesha County but work in Dane county, just east of East Towne mall in Madison. I worked out one time with Kelly Moore and Ryan Atkins of Crossfit Racine: http://www.crossfitracine.com/ (friendly link because it’s Crossfit..of course). Anyway, we got together one time and worked out at Monkey Bar gym: http://www.monkeybargym.com/membership.asp (family/work friendly). They are located right off of Washington Ave just east of the capital bldg. Here’s a map link just in case you are interested. http://www.monkeybargym.com/about/hours-and-location/
It is very Crossfit friendly and we went there one morning for a workout session. The training was brutal. They have showers but I was still sweating an hour later after I went to work. Also, contact Ryan and get on his mailing list for CF Wisconsin updates and seminar info. He also has summer time traveling weekend boot camp sessions. They are great. My wife got mad at me because when I got back from one of his boot camps I was dead for the rest of the day and we had a function to go to that evening and all I wanted to do was nap.:blush:
It would be nice to meet up with you when I can but my weekdays evenings are crazy busy. Luckily I have a home gym that I set up in my garage. But keep in touch for possible future get-togethers.
:biggrinthumb:
Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Hi Brian,

I work for the UW Madison and have a membership at the Shell. If you are interested in doing a WOD sometime let me know.

Kelly
Old 04-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
David Wood

Profile:

Whatever you do, Brian, do not allow Kelly to trick you into making any bets regarding "Fran" . . . she will crush you.:happy:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #7
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Thanks David....my secret is out. Oh well, maybe Diane might pay a visit instead....:-)