CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Luke Sirakos

Profile:
Constant Foot Pain

Monday night I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like a dull aching foot cramp in the arch of my left foot and it wouldn't go away. It has been hurting ever since and last night I noticed my right foot doing the same exact thing. It hurts all day long as just a dull constant ache but it seems to get worse at night.

I have been very sedentary the past three weeks so it isn't like I am overusing my feet, I haven't run at all and the longest I have stood at one time was a couple hours at a concert. I don't think it is plantar fasciitis because the pain is more up in the arch of my foot rather than near the heel.

Any idea what this could be? I started rolling out/stretching my calves and I have been rolling my foot out with a lacrosse ball but haven't noticed much improvement yet.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Alastair Bland

Profile:
Re: Constant Foot Pain

Has no one replied? I just saw this. I would guess a spinal nerve issue, which might send similar signals to both feet. But I'm just speculating.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
Eric Konieczny

Profile:

if it is still bothering get and Xray from an Ortho or podiatrist
Old 11-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

I can still tell there is something there but it doesn't really bother me anymore. I have altered the way I sleep to help prevent my foot from being in a position that makes it cramp easily. So no clue what it was, if it acts up again I will probably go see a doctor next year sometime since I haven't touched my deductible this year and will easily use it all next year.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Andrew G Parker

Profile:

If the two hours standing at a concert was well outside of the norm (particularly if it is a harder surface with no contours), it might have been enough to irritate something in there. Tendon's, nerves, muscles, bone. Doesn't take much inflammation or irritation to set something off. I wondered if you had tried icing it. I've found that a good physical therapist can often do a good quick diagnostic and will tell you if you need to see a doc. Conversely, a doc can send you to a PT, though amazingly, some docs don't believe in PT.