CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Chad A Taylor

Profile:
Progenex

I've been using Progenex Recovery for a couple months and really like the flavor and results. I went to do some research on the products last night and I didn't like what I saw regarding the company. Dr. Connelly who started the company is no longer there and it looks like they changed the formula. Three of the executives are in jail for fraud. Has any of this been substantiated or is it competitors slandering their name? Has anyone else heard of this?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Brian Sadowski

Profile:
Re: Progenex

I know the info and the thread you are referring too. Connely is now with Ascend which might or not be a good product, but I can't afford their costs to try it. They are based out of Australia. I can't say if the fraud claims are true or not, but I know a few years back BSN was sued and lost for false claims on ingredients. Have you tried atlargenutrition?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Andrew Kyle Miller

Profile:

waaaay overpriced for what you actually get, especially compared to other similar products...you're paying almost $2 per serving for whey protein and fructose...? you'd be better off using a scoop of normal whey and a piece of fruit...
Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
Chad A Taylor

Profile:

Thanks for the replies. I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet but the claims against the Progenex execs seems pretty legit.

I haven't used AtLarge Nutrition but I've asked Chris a few questions regarding how to use their products replacing what I'm currently using.

I use Dymatize Elite XT for a breakfast meal replacement with a small meal. I need something that can fill me up for at least 3-4 hours? Then I take the Progenex recovery after my workout. I'm trying to figure out if I can use Nitrean + Black for my meal replacement and my post recovery protein. It looks like AtLarge Nutrition has a post workout pill they suggest as well.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Brian Sadowski

Profile:

I think you are referring to ETS by at large. I have used it. It is essentially ZMA with some joint support in it. Its a good product I liked it. I usually took it mid morning after after breakfast and before my snack and then before going to bed.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad A Taylor View Post
Thanks for the replies. I know you can't believe everything you read on the internet but the claims against the Progenex execs seems pretty legit.

I haven't used AtLarge Nutrition but I've asked Chris a few questions regarding how to use their products replacing what I'm currently using.

I use Dymatize Elite XT for a breakfast meal replacement with a small meal. I need something that can fill me up for at least 3-4 hours? Then I take the Progenex recovery after my workout. I'm trying to figure out if I can use Nitrean + Black for my meal replacement and my post recovery protein. It looks like AtLarge Nutrition has a post workout pill they suggest as well.
If they aren't in jail they should be for what they charge.