CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Thomas Mitchell

Profile:
Feedback on my diet and goals please

Hey guys just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think of my cross fit program and diet. Ive set a long time goal to make it to regionals in Australia next year. I don't know too much about nutrition but I'm trying to eat Paleo with milk and other small things. Thanks if you can give some feedback

I train at a crossfit affiliate 5 days a week where we do the wendler program for strength and then a wod everyday. I also do soccer 2 trainings a week and one game.

My 1RMs

Squat- 160kg / 353 pounds
Press- 80kg / 176 pounds
Bench- 135kg / 300 pounds
C&J- 100kg / 220 pounds (Only just starting to do these)
Deadlift- 210kg / 463 pounds
Snatch- 80kg / 176 pounds (Know i can do more just working on technique)

Diet

Breakfast- Fish oil and 3 eggs on toast with tomato, spinach or if in rush 4 weetbix with little bit of milk

Snack- Usually as much fruit as i want of kiwi fruit, straws, bananas and apples

Lunch- 2 wraps with either turkey, chicken or ham with salami and then lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, avocado, capsicum.

Snack- Usually a can of tuna on 6 small crackers and some almonds

Workout at 5pm- Apple or banana before workout then drink scivation xtent recovery during workout then after workout i drink evolve 3 whey protein which has 35g of protein in a serving ( I usually drink with 350ml of milk I don't know if i should change to water or not)

Dinner- Big serving of veggies including broccoli, carrots, peas, beans and some sort of meat- steak sausages rissoles etc

Snack- cos lettuce with grilled pumpkin and pine nut seeds

I drink water with every meal averaging 4 litres a day

Im looking to cut my bodyfat down as well i currently am in the low 20s.

Im quite fit with a 2:40 Fran and 7:40 helen my best scores.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: Feedback on my diet and goals please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Mitchell View Post
Hey guys just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think of my cross fit program and diet. Ive set a long time goal to make it to regionals in Australia next year. I don't know too much about nutrition but I'm trying to eat Paleo with milk and other small things. Thanks if you can give some feedback

I train at a crossfit affiliate 5 days a week where we do the wendler program for strength and then a wod everyday. I also do soccer 2 trainings a week and one game.

My 1RMs

Squat- 160kg / 353 pounds
Press- 80kg / 176 pounds
Bench- 135kg / 300 pounds
C&J- 100kg / 220 pounds (Only just starting to do these)
Deadlift- 210kg / 463 pounds
Snatch- 80kg / 176 pounds (Know i can do more just working on technique)

Diet

Breakfast- Fish oil and 3 eggs on toast with tomato, spinach or if in rush 4 weetbix with little bit of milk

Snack- Usually as much fruit as i want of kiwi fruit, straws, bananas and apples

Lunch- 2 wraps with either turkey, chicken or ham with salami and then lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, avocado, capsicum.

Snack- Usually a can of tuna on 6 small crackers and some almonds

Workout at 5pm- Apple or banana before workout then drink scivation xtent recovery during workout then after workout i drink evolve 3 whey protein which has 35g of protein in a serving ( I usually drink with 350ml of milk I don't know if i should change to water or not)

Dinner- Big serving of veggies including broccoli, carrots, peas, beans and some sort of meat- steak sausages rissoles etc

Snack- cos lettuce with grilled pumpkin and pine nut seeds

I drink water with every meal averaging 4 litres a day

Im looking to cut my bodyfat down as well i currently am in the low 20s.

Im quite fit with a 2:40 Fran and 7:40 helen my best scores.

Thanks
Well, if you are not achieving your goal then your diet isn't right for said goal.

If you are going to do Paleo then I suggest you read up on it and actually follow it.

If not, get a calorie counting app and track what you eat for an entire week. Then find out your average daily intake and reduce that by 300 cals and stick to that new daily intake level for two weeks to see how things go. Reduce again only when your fat loss has stagnated.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Phil Washlow

Profile:
Re: Feedback on my diet and goals please

I agree with what Chris said. If you believe paleo is the right way to eat and you would like to follow it then you should probably do some reading. 3 of the main things that paleo does not allow are grains, legumes and dairy. Your diet contains all three...