CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
Tate Rivera

Profile:
Almost Caught a Thief

So today I was going on a run and as I was nearing the end, I looked at a lady that was on my left. She was like, "That old lady just got robbed!" I looked across the street and there was this little old lady doing her best to walk fast to catch up with two boys that were running away from her.

It took me a second to realize all that was going on and when I did, I took off running. The boys had a pretty good lead on me, but I started chasing. At the next block, the two of them split up. One went straight ahead and the other went left. I started to follow the one that was just straight ahead of me, but it didn't look like he had a purse or anything other than his backpack with him. So, I turned around and started down the street where the other boy had gone. I ran for a while but I never saw him.

I was pretty disappointed that I didn't catch up to that boy. I was ready but I just couldn't find him.

And another point, is that I am in Brasil now, so that's where it all happened. And here when a robbery or something happens, if there are any people around they will do their best to help. As I was running I saw people in cars and people walking looking for the boys and asking me if had found them. It was all pretty crazy, this was the first time anything like this had happened to me.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Jeff Yan

Profile:
Re: Almost Caught a Thief

I'm thinking that you would have caught the backpack kid.

It's all for the best that you hadn't caught up. If my knowledge of Brazilians serves me correctly, they have the ability to emit electrical fields around their bodies.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Bruce Duco

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post

It's all for the best that you hadn't caught up. If my knowledge of Brazilians serves me correctly, they have the ability to emit electrical fields around their bodies.
thats only the mutant street fighters.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Chris Drewry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post

I once kissed a Brazilian girl,

it was electric,

and now I know why
Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Derek Maffett

Profile:

A haiku is 5-7-5, not 9-5-5. No cookie for you.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Interesting, I wonder how old the boys were. One of my first thoughts from what I have heard of Mexico is that knives are often carried, and I thought I heard the same about Brazil ( could have been Argentina and never trust any of those darn Peruvians [ I'm part Peruvian and it's a running inside joke among my friend between us ]).

Interesting, ever think to throw something at'm? That's just the baseball player in me talking.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
Tate Rivera

Profile:

Hey Jeff, thanks for the advice, I didn't know that they could emit an electrical field. I guess that is because I have not been in any hostile situations yet, so I have never been zapped.

They both had backpacks on, but they guy that I started for first just had a backpack and nothing in his hands, thats why I quit chasing him.

Yeah, I never really considered throwing anything at them, I never really did like baseball that much. I am pretty sure they were just in high school, but who knows, Judo and Jiu-Jitsu are pretty common down here, so even though they looked pretty skinny, they could have thrown me around. Who knows?