CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Kelly Moore

Profile:
I posted this in the comments section of the WOD, but I feel that it needs to be posted here too. I can't say enough good about attending a certification. Just do it.

The Boston certification was excellent! The sharing and honest atmosphere, lack of ego and feeling of family was profoundly heartfelt. The demonstrations/training along with the incremental and scalable progressions were invaluable and very well presented (as they have always been!).

I'm proud and priviledged to be part of this community. The grit, desire and determination I saw the in men and women gutting through BTB tabata squats, Fran and FGB was inspirational. I'm honored to have been witness to your efforts. I wish I could train with all of you; you would make me a better athlete. Thank you.

Neal has a great facility - if you are in the neighorhood you need to train there. The pullups/MUs/back levers that huge guy can do are jaw dropping. I can't forgot to mention the thick pullup bars...If you can do pullups on those bars returning to your little 1" diameter bar will make you feel like a hero...

It was fantastic to spend time with Nicole, Greg A, TJ, and Ed again; you guys are awesome and you kick a$$! Jesse - thank you for the Parkour and handstand press/pushup lessons; I want to be able to show you a jumping roll into a wall free handstand pushup the next time we meet (BTW, your Sots presses with the pair of 52# kbs was stunning!). Lynne - many, many thanks for having the courage to drive in downtown Boston! (I know how much you like driving in Boston).

My special thanks and gratitude to Coach Glassman - your encouragement, critique, suggestions and generosity have been priceless and more deeply appreciated than you can ever imagine. I can't thank you enough.

If you have never attended a certification, do so.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #2
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Congrats to all who attended!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
Jesse Woody

Profile:
Kelly, just so you know, my two new goals are to get 10 handstand push-ups and a 10 second flag before you get a chance to...seeing you nailing every technique I could pull out was an eye-opener ;)

...oh yeah, and an L-sit rematch with Carrie...maybe I can get a couple more days of training in before she gets a chance to read this!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 AM   #4
Brendan Sonnichsen

Profile:
Hey, if anybody has digital notes on the last discussion and wants to email them to me that would be ever-sweet. I had to take off while we were trying out the various toys in order to make it to the airport on time. Had I known what Boston traffic was like I would've arranged to stay another night in order to hang out a little while longer.

Sincerely wish I had a better chance to say farewell and get to know more of you a little more. Next time!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
Uh oh, looks like I better get my game on. :whip0000:

Lovely to meet all the new folks, and, as always, to spend a little more time with the "old" ones. What an inspiring community!