CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #31
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: testosterone boosters?

is this thread officially hijacked?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #32
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

http://www.premierhealthclinic.org/ WFS

This is his new site. My fiancee may be working here in the future as well. Maybe when I become a PT I can have my own place and get referrals from there and you guys could go there when your box beats your butt too bad
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #33
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Just hit 31, HRT will be where I go when the time is right unless there is something better by then.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #34
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:

I recently read something about clomid and hcg being used to cycle testoerone. aren't both of those female hormones. how would this help testosterone cycling?

also I read something about how zma and tribulis would help for cycling testerone as well?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #35
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

if you want to fool around with cycles of things that will affect your hormones you need to go to forums like anabolicminds or tnation...

when you give your body artificial testosterone, it will slow down it's own production. also, some of the extra test will convert itself to estrogen, which will leave you wil fat and gyno, especially coming off cycle. which is where the hcg and clomid come in. also, you will need a PCT, like nolva, when you stop taking whatever you are on to make your own body kick back in it's production of test. cycle 5 days on and 2 days off is both dangerous and a waste of time. cycles are "on" for weeks and "off" for weeks. also, you should be at least 21 years old, 25 is better or you will mess up your hormones for life. have decreased libido while "on" cycle is normal, and it is also why a good PCT is necessary coming off cycle or that could become permanent. if you have no idea what any of this means, then stop taking whatever you are taking immediately, go do some research and learn about this stuff, get yourself and good SERM and then approach it will a well thought out plan next time.

there are some pro-hormones on the market that are still legal that actually work quite well, but they can also be hard on the liver, so you need a good liver support while you use them, and good DHT, and an anti-estrogen. and the still require PCT. either do the whole system or nothing or you will mess up your health and you fitness.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION
Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #36
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:

thanks andrew for the information. is there a specific reason for choosing one of those (clomid, hcg, or nolvadex)? is it to use one over the other depending on the test boost or steroids being used during the on cycle?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #37
Bryan Hood

Profile:

When I did my cycles, I used Exemestane. I still had some atrophy of my nuts but they came back after I completely cycled off everything. I shot Androne Enanthate for 2 cycles. The ONLY side effects I had from shooting the stuff was the atrophy. No acne, man boobs, temper or personality changes. I put on about 30lbs of lean muscle in 10 weeks. Went from 165 to 193. I was pretty strong and looked really cool with large traps and all. I only did it cause I never had and wanted to check it out for myself. That was spring and summer of '10. I'm now back down to 163+/-. I'm stronger now than I was then. I'm WAY more cut too.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #38
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

There are risks involved in playing with mother nature however I think the risks have been made out to be more than they are. There is a difference between drug use and drug abuse. If you are under the care of a KNOWLEDGABLE doctor steroids and other PE's can be used and managed safely with very minimal risk to your health. I would say no risk but very few things have no risk.

Its all in how its done. most of the stories you have heard of really bad things happening are from dudes who have body dismorphic disorder to begin with and then self administer multiple hormons with little education on how to use them. They use massive quanities and are under the care of, themselves.

They are nothing more than drug addics and as such you can expect health problems and even death from their use.

In my line of work I have met people that have injected heroin for over 20 years and looking at them you would never know. Why? They managed the drug properly. Most are not able to do that.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #39
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post
There are risks involved in playing with mother nature however I think the risks have been made out to be more than they are. There is a difference between drug use and drug abuse. If you are under the care of a KNOWLEDGABLE doctor steroids and other PE's can be used and managed safely with very minimal risk to your health. I would say no risk but very few things have no risk.

Its all in how its done. most of the stories you have heard of really bad things happening are from dudes who have body dismorphic disorder to begin with and then self administer multiple hormons with little education on how to use them. They use massive quanities and are under the care of, themselves.

They are nothing more than drug addics and as such you can expect health problems and even death from their use.

In my line of work I have met people that have injected heroin for over 20 years and looking at them you would never know. Why? They managed the drug properly. Most are not able to do that.
I couldn't agree with you more. Steroids are not ILLEGAL. They are a controlled substance. Just like Tylenol 3. I'm not saying that it's ok for everyone to do it, I'm just saying that it's not as bad as the main stream media makes it out to be. Just like stated above, done in moderation and smartly, they are no worse for you than drinking soda pop or whatever. It's when you start stacking numerous items (d-bol, deca, androne, etc.) that you fry your system and jack you up. Possibly for life.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #40
Kyle Borowsky

Profile:

are there specific pcts (such as clomid, hcg, or nolva) that correspond to specific steroids or is it just preference to use a specific pct?