CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Dan Lundy

Profile:
Thanks

Hello all at cross fit,

I need to thank everyone at crossfit for all you do. I'm currently stoked beyond belief because yesterday I posted 80, 94, and 11:29 resptectively on our incentive physical agility test which consists of push-ups, sit-ups and a mile and a half run. My total points were 288 (out of 300), which was the best in the department. And then, today we had a working fire and I worked my butt off for 2 1/2 hours (30 minutes of scene work and 2 hours of clean up) and I feel like I could knock out the WOD. Up until a few years ago I was doing the same old isolation workouts and getting no results. I was overweight and had constant pain in my back and knees. Then one of my bro's turned me on to this crossfit thing he was doing with the tactical team (SWAT) he was on. Immediatley I was hooked. The results are incredible, I smoked the swim test over the summer, my B/P, cholesterol, and all other markers were excellent on my annual physical, and I'm pain free, except from being smoked from the WODs. I've gotten some of the other guys on my shift, my wife and my 11 y.o. son crossfitting.
Thanks again and keep it up,
Dan Lundy
Firefighter/Paramedic
Old 10-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Desiree Doucet

Profile:
Re: Thanks

Wow -

Excellent story - thanks for sharing. And most of all -thanks for serving the community!

Keep on' Crossfittin'
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
David Meverden

Profile:

This is a great testimonial. Thank you for sharing. It's always great seeing this program making real and lasting differences for people.

I also love hearing about back and knee pain going away, not by avoiding the region that is causing pain, but by USING them and making them stronger (and yes, in this case I'm sure the weight loss was a big factor as well). I find it so sad how people have a problem so they avoid using that part of their body, which of course just makes it weaker and more prone to further problems.

Keep it up and keep us posted on further progress!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #4
Frank DiMeo

Profile:

Way to go, Dan!