CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #111
Robert Diggs

Profile:
Re: Nike Metcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fischer View Post
I'm no expert on marketing or sales strategy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Nike knows exactly what they are doing and I think they've created more hype around the Metcon than any Reebok CF shoe release.
This. And to all of those sticking with your nanos. Enjoy the inferior shoe
Old 02-22-2015, 12:36 AM   #112
Frank Ngo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel OBrien View Post
I'm not really a shoe person, but is this a normal strategy in the shoe world? Release laughably small amounts of 4 colorways, sell out instantly, have people get annoyed they can't have this shoe, then force them to wait months for new colorways?

This works and is a good strategy?

I'll take $59 Nano 4.0s thanks. 50% off coupon was out yesterday on reebok.com: http://slickdeals.net/f/7676836-50-o...de-50-dead?v=1 (wfs)
Wish I could have scored a pair of shoes. Neither code works.

Thank you for the heads up though!
Old 02-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #113
Erik Monson

Profile:

I've had my Metcons since the release; approximately 2 weeks at the time of this message. I'm happy with the fit and styling. Durability is a question mark, however. The upper, in particular the toe area, would appear to be prone to "skinning". This photo was taken after doing 40 TGUs on a stall mat floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metcon 1.jpg
Views:	5730
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	13735  
Old 02-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #114
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Diggs View Post
That's quite a statement about a shoe that's been field-tested for - what - a couple of weeks at most? What data do you have that the Nano's are "inferior"? Just because everyone's talking-up this Nike Metcon - that doesn't make it better.

Again, I don't have any Nano's and I don't have any Metcon's, but I also haven't been a sucker to Nike's hype.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #115
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Diggs View Post
The best and most complete review I've read concludes this:

"Truth is, the Nike Metconís donít do anything exceptionally better or worse than the Nano 4.0ís do. A lot of people will still prefer their Nanoís over the Metconís; thatís all good and dandy. For me, I think the Nikeís are awesome shoes and probably are going to be my main shoe of choice, but Iíll continue to wear Nanoís too." - AMRAP Reviews

It's just that the Nike's are made by Nike, newer and extremely scarce that makes the hype train simply out of control. As I said before, I'm not a shoe person, so I don't really understand the (most likely) artificially created scarcity, the fanboi-ism, etc. Shoes are consumables to me and so far, I haven't paid over $50 for any of my Nanos.

I like that there are now more players in the market - I would hope it would lead to more innovation and possible lower prices. Time will tell.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #116
Bryan Selent

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Monson View Post
I've had my Metcons since the release; approximately 2 weeks at the time of this message. I'm happy with the fit and styling. Durability is a question mark, however. The upper, in particular the toe area, would appear to be prone to "skinning". This photo was taken after doing 40 TGUs on a stall mat floor.
I've seen several shots on the social media's of that happening in a short time frame.

I'm not a shoe guy by any means, and $120 for a shoe is nuts to me. I was able to pick up a pair of Honor Pack Nanos using the deal above for $60 shipped. For the past 2-3 years my daily wear and workout shoe has been the New Balance MT10. I love them, but the Nano 4.0 were too good of a deal to pass up.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #117
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ngo View Post
Wish I could have scored a pair of shoes. Neither code works.

Thank you for the heads up though!
No problem. Off topic, but the best bet is to get a slickdeals account, set up a deal alert for certain keywords. Among others, I have one for Crossfit that e-mails me immediately when a deal with that keyword is posted.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #118
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Medeiros View Post
andrew, can you tell us which color ways will be released next? and if you know, when that will happen
Joseph,

I do know the color ways being released and seen pics/samples, and some approximate dates but nothing is in stone with the west coast dock delays at the moment. Also, just because I am privy to this information, I do not feel it is my place to release this type of information. I am being VERY vague on purpose with what colors, and drops so as not to step on Nike's toes.

Hope you understand.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #119
Jin Nelson

Profile:

I have two pairs of grey/green Metcons to off load - size 10.5 and size 11. I wore the 11 around the house for about an hour, the 10.5 was never taken out of the box. Not looking to scalp shoes, just want to cover my cost. I'll do $140 per pair shipped to the US. If no takers I just return them. PM me. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #120
Ryan Pye

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Joseph,

I do know the color ways being released and seen pics/samples, and some approximate dates but nothing is in stone with the west coast dock delays at the moment. Also, just because I am privy to this information, I do not feel it is my place to release this type of information. I am being VERY vague on purpose with what colors, and drops so as not to step on Nike's toes.

Hope you understand.
Joseph, the blue and orange will release tomorrow at 10am on Nike.com.