CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Thomas Mitchell

Profile:
What rx jump rope to buy for open?

Im buying an rx jump rope and there are 5 cable types (hyper, ultra, elite, beast, buff). Which cable should i buy for efficiency in the open. Im 90kgs and am guessing we are gunna have a fair few in one of the open woods. thanks guys
Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: What rx jump rope to buy for open?

Something you're comfortable with. You don't need any kind of special jump rope to be efficient in double unders, you just have to know the characteristics of the rope you use.

Some people prefer really light and fast, some people like something they can have more control over. It really is a personal preference.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Timothy Hansen

Profile:

A mid to heavy rope (Elite, Buff) is great for beginners. It's easier to "feel" where the rope is. It is also easier to spin a little slower while the rope does not "collapse" on itself, which makes it easier to get the timing of your jumps down.

A lighter weight rope (Hyper, Ultra) spin faster, and it really only for "advanced" athletes already proficient with DU.

If you're still learning DU, a heaver rope will serve you better than a lighter speed rope.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

That was my first rope. I got proficient with it then switched to a Rogue SR-1 and got way better. The Rx rope handles are so heavy, it fatigued my forearms really fast.