CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
Leah Turner

Profile:
Re: Vibram Five Finger question

I just received my sprint fivefingers in the mail today and have a sizing ? if anyone has any opinions....

I ordered the equivalent of a size 8 which is what I usually wear, but on my right foot especially them seem too tight. For instance I had them on for less than 10 minutes and I have a mark on my right foot from where the top stitching is. They are a good length for my toes, maybe a tad too snug, but I thought they were suppose to fit like another skin.

It's weird those, because there is a lot of room in the heel, like it droops down a good bit. The shoe heel is like a 50 degree inward angle, while my own heel goes almost straight up to my leg at 90 degrees....

Really I feel like they are pretty good length wise, that they will be too big long going the next size up, but that they are not quite wide enough for the width of my foot. What do those that have the shoe think? Will wearing them a bit stretch them out and they will be fine? Or should I get the next size? There is no place anywhere near me to try them in a store, hence I ordered online, or I would have.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
John Wierzowiecki

Profile:

I'd get sprints over the classics. The elastic band on the classics really bugs me. I have a pair of sprints that I'd like to sell. They're size 46 and I have worn them maybe 5 times. They're too long. I need a 45.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Chris Drewry

Profile:

Leah,

Is it possible you have a higher arch in your right foot?

They can seem a little uncomfortable at first...
Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
Juan Cantu

Profile:

I have the classics and love them. I wear them around the house, running, rowing, driving, going out, etc .... just about everywhere.

Though I do intend to buy the sprints because of the strap over the foot.

*note* I did size them off the site without trying on at a store , and it worked out fine for me by following the directions on their site.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
Angel Andre Liu Orozco

Profile:

i have the classic's and i sized them up at the store in person. i wear an 11.5 and bought size 45.
fyi:

i ran a half marathon in them two weeks ago so. a velcro strap is not really needed; unless you plan to do alot of jumping(pull ups,dips,bench etc.) classics do the job for most CF wods.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 AM   #16
David McRae

Profile:

Has anyone overseas (military) had problems getting their VFFs? I ordered mine over a month ago, and when I contacted Customer Service, they first told me that they had been delivered, then told me that they were still enroute. USPS says they were lost, but Vibram told me to keep waiting (6 weeks now). Anyone else have problems receiving at APO or international mail?
Old 02-16-2008, 05:08 AM   #17
Brad Thompson

Profile:

I just got my VFF Classics 3 days ago. I wore them to teach in on Friday - very comfortable. My Friday class is 3 hours long. I'm 6'4 240. Usually, by the end of it, my feet are killing me.

I sized them on the site. They fit fine. I have not run in them yet. I think I'll go into it prepared to switch until I'm really used to them.

Mine don't slip off at all but I have a super wide foot. Could be that that's an issue for narrow footed types? Needing the Sprint instead of Classic? Just a thought...

I have noticed that, when I drive in them, the band digs into the top of my foot too. I do have high instep.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #18
Pat McElhone

Profile:

Just a follow-up. I bought some Sprints this weekend. I did travel into Chicago to buy them. It was worth it. I ended up getting a pair of 43s. They are a little longer in the heel, but fit perfect in the toes. The 42s were too tight in the toes, but fit in the heels. For me, it was definitely worth it to travel and try them on. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #19
Chris Drewry

Profile:

Hope you enjoy them Pat.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:44 AM   #20
Tate Rivera

Profile:

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with the new vibram five finger kso's? i think they are relatively new and look to be and "upgrade" on the sprints. it seems like they have a mesh covering over the foot. also it looks like the strap is connected all the way around the heel instead of being separate straps like on the sprint.

i have read the reviews from the board and it seems like 'most' people prefer the sprints over the classics. i am considering getting a pair of the kso's and am wondering if anyone has experience with them.