CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 04-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
John M. Holcomb

Profile:
Hi,

Sarting back from a long lay-off (like years) and was wondering if anyone uses or had experince with the Theoretical Template for CorssFit programming from February 2003 crossFit Journal. More specifically the 5 days on/2 off schedule. This just seems to fit better with my work/home life. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Josh E Lundgaard

Profile:
John,
I have been going 5/2 since September, and my results have been superb. I simply add WOD's from the weekend to the rest days that occur during the week. This may not adhere strictly to the theoretical template in the CFJ, but it's easy, and CrossFit is supposed to be almost random anyway. You could also stay a week behind and re-arrange the WOD's to better fit the template if you wished.
The only issue I ever have is that occasionally I get workouts back to back that I really wish weren't. That could be avoided if I wanted to, but I usually just bull through as best I can.