CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
Troy Archie

Profile:
In regards to the “Theoretic Crossfit Template” article in February 2003’s CFJ, I’m wondering if this has changed at all since it’s inception. I know this topic has been discussed before but I’d like to further add to it. I’m also curious as to what categories some of the “girls” would fall into and why.

For instance, I’m thinking that “Linda” would be a single element weightlifting day correct? But according to the template single element days should are to be “long, slow, distance efforts” focusing on a single exercises or effort. The same goes with “Cindy” and “Chelsea”; they are single element gymnastic/BW days yet both encompasses more than one exercise and like “Linda” are done at a torrent pace.

As the journal says, there are contradictions to the template and I’m imagining that these are some of them. That said, I see extremely few gymnastic/BW days that keep in line with the template. Yeah we work a lot of bodyweight exercises but in my 10 months following the WOD I can think of one day (April 22, 2005) where the day is comprised of “practice of a single skill and typically this skill is sufficiently complex enough to require great practice and may not yet be suitable for inclusion in a timed workout…” It would be my assumption that Saturday’s WOD of 30 muscle-ups for time would be a gymnastics day and one of the few single effort gymnastic day’s at that but the specification of for time again, contradicts that theory…

Any insight would be great.

Troy
Old 08-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
Graham Hayes

Profile:
I see the template as something to enable one to design their own program using the W/M/G's as a guide for what type of work to do, and the variation as written allows for an almost fool proof method of avoiding burn out and keeping intensity up. The WOD's are an example of CrossFit programming, written by experts in GPP programming, as you should know by now a less demanding WOD usually appears just when you need it so recovery and intensity are maximised.