CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
John Holcombe

Profile:
Re: Any Fantasy Football fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Neumeyer View Post
That is a SOLID roster; a little weak in WR's but that's it. Watch the waiver wire and you should be able to pick some up.
It depends on how many teams are in the league though. Also if it's PPR or not
Old 11-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #12
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Neumeyer View Post
That is a SOLID roster; a little weak in WR's but that's it. Watch the waiver wire and you should be able to pick some up.
Yup, struggled with that spot all year. Thinking Crabtree should be my man since he is available. Just who to let go of......
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Yup, struggled with that spot all year. Thinking Crabtree should be my man since he is available. Just who to let go of......
Percy Harvin not available? You could drop Nate Washington.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

First year for me...only 8 teams so they are stacked. Not a PPR league.

4-6 right now but on some of the weeks where I have crushed it, my opponent has just really crushed it. Frustrating. Based on total output I should be more like 6-4

I have made a lot of moves...pretty happy with how I've maneuvered around the holes in my team. Here is my line up...

QB's - Rivers, Cutler, Brady, Kap (he might be gone SOON!). I picked up Rivers and Cutler weeks ago off waivers.
RB's - Lynch, Mike James (picked him up when Dougie went down), had Sproles most of the year, just dumped him and he goes ballistic! Shane Vereen
WR - Demarius Thomas, DJax, Vjax, Antonio Brown, Harvin (hoping he comes back)
TE - Gonzo and Jordan Reed...picked up Reed...dumped some others along the way. Will be leading with Reed from here on out. Been burned by Gonzo too much
D/ST- Kansas City...picked them up off waivers week 3. They rock
K - Prater
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
Michael J Sanchez

Profile:

I'm in 2 leagues. One of the leagues I'm the commissioner. I'm on pace to make the playoffs in both leagues. Here is how I fared this past weekend in both leagues. I won both matchups.

WFS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-...it?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0-...it?usp=sharing
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

Last edited by Michael J Sanchez : 11-12-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the photos
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Michael J Sanchez

Profile:

I started off losing my first 6 games in my own league until I made some moves and now I'm on a 4 game winning streak. I went from last to 5th place. I always do better once the bye weeks come around because of my ability to plick up players and convince others to trade with me.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
First year for me...only 8 teams so they are stacked. Not a PPR league.

4-6 right now but on some of the weeks where I have crushed it, my opponent has just really crushed it. Frustrating. Based on total output I should be more like 6-4

I have made a lot of moves...pretty happy with how I've maneuvered around the holes in my team. Here is my line up...

QB's - Rivers, Cutler, Brady, Kap (he might be gone SOON!). I picked up Rivers and Cutler weeks ago off waivers.
RB's - Lynch, Mike James (picked him up when Dougie went down), had Sproles most of the year, just dumped him and he goes ballistic! Shane Vereen
WR - Demarius Thomas, DJax, Vjax, Antonio Brown, Harvin (hoping he comes back)
TE - Gonzo and Jordan Reed...picked up Reed...dumped some others along the way. Will be leading with Reed from here on out. Been burned by Gonzo too much
D/ST- Kansas City...picked them up off waivers week 3. They rock
K - Prater

1) You don't need more than 2 QBs, definitely don't need more than 3. You need that roster space to pick up potential good RBs and WRs

2)You only have 2 running back and 1 hurt running back. Also you don't drop Sproles!

3) KC defense has been amazing but they've had the easiest schedule.. they have upcoming games against Denver twice. I know I won't start them against Denver but its up to you.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
1) You don't need more than 2 QBs, definitely don't need more than 3. You need that roster space to pick up potential good RBs and WRs

2)You only have 2 running back and 1 hurt running back. Also you don't drop Sproles!

3) KC defense has been amazing but they've had the easiest schedule.. they have upcoming games against Denver twice. I know I won't start them against Denver but its up to you.
Thanks for the input. I agree...I've missed out on a couple RB opp's and have held onto those QB's for too long. I have offers for Brady but with Cutler going down, I can't drop Brady. I can easily get Sproles back right now...he is still available. I dropped James (out due to ankle) and grabbed Ivory. I also grabbed Texans D for this week. They play the Raiders so they should be fine. KC is either going to crush Denver and show they are for real or they are going to get steamrolled. Right now I do not plan to play KC D/ST

I hear you on Sproles but he really has not done much except for 2 weeks.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok View Post
Thanks for the input. I agree...I've missed out on a couple RB opp's and have held onto those QB's for too long. I have offers for Brady but with Cutler going down, I can't drop Brady. I can easily get Sproles back right now...he is still available. I dropped James (out due to ankle) and grabbed Ivory. I also grabbed Texans D for this week. They play the Raiders so they should be fine. KC is either going to crush Denver and show they are for real or they are going to get steamrolled. Right now I do not plan to play KC D/ST

I hear you on Sproles but he really has not done much except for 2 weeks.
Maybe you can't be blamed for dropping Sproles since you're in an 8-team league. I'm surprised there's no depth at all on waviers at RB with only 8 teams though. I don't even like playing in 8 team leagues because every team is so stacked. 10 or 12 is perfect IMO.

Am I missing something like it's a 2-QB league? Trade Brady ASAP if you can get running back help and just roll with Rivers. Drop Cutler

I see Kansas City getting rocked this week. They're a good team with a great defense but there's no way they can keep up with Denver. We will see though.. crazier things have happened!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
I see Kansas City getting rocked this week. They're a good team with a great defense but there's no way they can keep up with Denver. We will see though.. crazier things have happened!
Only reason I still have 2 D's after KC's by last week was because they play Denver this week. Otherwise I would have got rid of Seattle's D.