CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Craig Millward

Profile:
Looking for a box in Birmingham city center

Hi all as the tittle says I'm looking for a box to train at in Birmingham UK or as close to west bromwich as possible?

Are there any books people recommend to a novice cross-fitter which contain basic workouts and techniques prefer a normal book to Ebook.

Now for a bit about me Ill try not to bore you lol: I turn 30 next week
I have been going to the gym for the last 8 months started out at 104kg I'm now 85kg I want to drop to about 72/75kg then build back up to a healthy 80kg of effective muscle and cardio fitness.
I have been stuck at between 84-86kg for a while now so decided to change a few things while looking on the net I had euro-sport on the tv and an episode of the box came on and that was it.

The closest thing to cross-fit my gym do is tabatta so I'm going to my first class Sunday.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Darryl Shaw

Profile:
Re: Looking for a box in Birmingham city center

According to this map your nearest gym is Second City CrossFit. As for recommended reading, the ACSM Position Stands cover most of what you need to know.

*All links wfs*

Last edited by Darryl Shaw : 05-16-2013 at 05:48 AM.