CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Mauricio Carneiro

Profile:
Re: Best App for tracking WODs?

If you follow the main site, there is no better app than the Wod Panda. It automatically loads your history for the workout of the day. And works for any day in the history of crossfit in case you don't want to do today's workout.

Also, it has all the timers you need. Pretty neat.

http://www.broadinstitute.org/~carne...anda/Home.htmlhttp://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?p=1175695
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

I heard myWOD is good if you have an iOS device. I prefer google groups and/or blogspot and just document it. Makes for a more complete WOD journal that goes beyond just numbers - warm-up work, injuries, notes for the next time...just my $0.02
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
Mauricio Carneiro

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Mauk View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies! I'm looking at myWOD and WOD. Decisions, decisions
Hi Jessica,

do you follow the main site? Both these apps have no easy (automatic) way to track your progress. That is, when you do a workout, you'll have to go into your history and search for the last time you did it to see how you performed.

Try WOD Panda, it loads the WOD automatically with all your past logs right on the main screen. Also has all the timers you need and logging is automatic from the timers as well. Also has videos for every WOD.

It is a very simplified and utilitarian approach to a crossfit iPhone APP. I use it everyday.

http://www.broadinstitute.org/~carne...reenshots.htmlYOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS AS TO WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
Mark Dong

Profile:

I use Outside the Box and WOD. I use WOD to put down my PR's and Outside the Box to log my workout. The tracking on Outside the Box is .99 and I like it.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Andrew Bucchin

Profile:

I use "Workout Hero" and "Timers Pro" for my timers.

They are great apps! I gave tried all the others and prefer these 2.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #16
Andrew Bucchin

Profile:

Also,

"Timers Pro" is the app used in the 12.1 and 12.2 videos.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #17
Mauricio Carneiro

Profile:

I like timers pro for the timer itself, but it doesn't have an integrated system to log my time. And most importantly, it doesn't show me how I did last time I did this workout.

That's why I decided to develop one app myself, that did just that. The result was an app that automatically loads my history, has all the timers, like timers pro with automatic logging and allows me to browse the entire history of crossfit WOD's in the main page.

The name is WOD Panda, and it's in the app store. Here are some screenshots and more info on the app:
http://tinyurl.com/7qc75f2YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS AS TO WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE
Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
Brian Flick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Thurston View Post
I use myWOD. Has the majority of the named workouts in there, a place for max weights and a decent timer. You can also add custom WoD's and weightlifting easily. It's for the IPhone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Mauk View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies! I'm looking at myWOD and WOD. Decisions, decisions
Jessica, I have used myWoD since it came out, and the developer is great to work with when I have found problems or even when I have given him ideas to incorporate into the app. If you have an iOS device, this is the best app I can recommend, I have told many people about it and now they too use it. The app also has the ability to add a link to your boxes RSS feed for WoDs, which makes it easy to add them to your personal My WoDs area in the app. It also has multiple ways to backup your data, including iCloud, so you don't have to worry about losing your hard work down the road.
IMO, if you haven't tried it, do so, and you won't go back to pen and paper again.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #19
Aaron Schmid

Profile:

I'm not sure if you can log your WODs, but I use the iCross Fitness app for iPhone and it's free. Some of the other suggestions on here are great too. You could also check out Evernote too for recording WODs which is free.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #20
Tony Keeler

Profile:

If you have an iPhone - the WOD app. Hands down.

TK