CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Adam Castagno

Profile:
Too much volume?

Last week for WOD's for me were pretty low vol and low key, IMO. Due to my schedule my plan was to do Tabata something else tomorrow, and then tomorrows mainsite WOD on Tue, with the possibility of maybe just changing order of WOD's (tomorrows do tomorrow and due Tabata something else Tue). I have had 2 days of rest, and was planning on taking Wed off.

I know you are going to ask goals, quite frankly I do not have any perticular. Started CF on my own past April and started with the goal of just changing my Globo routine to something new. I guess my own goal is to be as healthy/fit as possible.

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Too much volume?

You can get away with pretty much anything for two days. What does your programming look like over the longer term?

Katherine
Old 10-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Adam Castagno

Profile:
Re: Too much volume?

I really do not have any programming, I just follow this mainsite as much as I can and on days where I either choose not to do that WOD, or my rest day is different that mainsite I follow a WOD from a local box ( I do all CF on my own).
The only programming I am looking to try and attempt is to squeeze in lifts (bench, presses, squats, deads etc) prior to my wod, since maj. of wods are more of a metcon type than anything else... I actually just posted this dilema of mine on a recent post in the fitness sect.
Your right you can get away with anything for 2 days, I guess when I started I trained hard from April through Sept with only days off here and there, started to feel overtrained in mid sept, luckilly I took about a week off for a vacation, and got back strong. Soon I will be going away once again for another week, so I mine as well tough it out.

I guess for me looking at both WOD's, they have a lot of similar movements in them, so I guess you can just expected to be broken down pretty good from it all.