CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Mumford Procedure and recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skolnick View Post
Hi dr. Rockett,

I hope all is well.

I had a second MRI done today and I was hoping I could send you my images and report for your review. I could send film or send you an email of the images. They are in DICOM format so it should be ok to view. I'm sure your group has a pacs. I can pay you or use my health insurance.

Thank you,

Jason
You could send the films and report and try email, sometimes it is not successful. Go to website www.orthopedicsne.com and there is an email to contact me. Sean
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
Jason Skolnick

Profile:

Thank you
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #33
Todd Moore

Profile:

I had a SAD, which included removal of part of clavicle bone and they cleaned up the capsule of adhesions, removed a large bone spur and cleaned frayed parts if rotator cuff, this was all done on March 6th. The pain is getting better, but the one thing that concerned me was the doctor did not order Physical Therapy, only ordered home therapy for me to do. Usually from what I know post recovery they order PT, just wondering if this is unusual? I am 50 years old and in good condition, but the recover from this surgery was a lot more than what I was expecting.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #34
Sean Rockett

Profile:

Some docs doand some don't. If you want exercises go to mywebsite orthopedicsne.com for PT protocols
Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
Jason Skolnick

Profile:

Hi Dr. Rockett,

I hope all is well.

I had the MRI and here is what the report says:

There is fluid in the surgical bed and within the AC joint. It appears as though a subacromial decompression may have been performed as well. There is mild bone edema in the distal clavicle, as well as the anterior acromion, which would be expected in the setting of recent surgery. There has been interval development of a small fluid collection in the subacromial bursa, consistent with mild bursitis. (Is this bad??)

rotator cuff is normal as are the muscles and bicep labral anchor.

Radiologist sees a small area of abnormal signal in the posterior labrum on axial images, suspicious for possible non -displaced labral tear. The rest of the labrum is unremarkable. Is this bad? Prior to surgery the report said the same thing about the labrum and the doctor said it was normal.

I'm 2 months and two weeks post op.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #36
Jason Skolnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Moore View Post
I had a SAD, which included removal of part of clavicle bone and they cleaned up the capsule of adhesions, removed a large bone spur and cleaned frayed parts if rotator cuff, this was all done on March 6th. The pain is getting better, but the one thing that concerned me was the doctor did not order Physical Therapy, only ordered home therapy for me to do. Usually from what I know post recovery they order PT, just wondering if this is unusual? I am 50 years old and in good condition, but the recover from this surgery was a lot more than what I was expecting.
Hi Todd,

I'm about 2.5 months post op and my doctor said that since there was no actual repair done, as long as your range of motion is good, there is no need for PT. Listen to Dr. Rockett and do the exercises at home and you'll be fine.

Good Luck ,

Jason
Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #37
Todd Moore

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Mumford Procedure and recovery

Jason,
Thanks for the encouragement, I hope in 3 months from now
things will be looking up! My inground pool will be great therapy this summer! Thanks again
Todd
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
Jason Skolnick

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Rockett View Post
Some docs doand some don't. If you want exercises go to mywebsite orthopedicsne.com for PT protocols
Hello Dr. Rockett,

Well I'm happy to say I'm back training and I'm able to do everything; kettle bell swings, overhead press, cleans etc. The one area I still feel a lot of pain is bench pressing and burpees. I essentially can't bench press the pain in the front delt is awkward. Is this normal??

Thanks,

Jason
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #39
Sean Rockett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skolnick View Post
Hello Dr. Rockett,

Well I'm happy to say I'm back training and I'm able to do everything; kettle bell swings, overhead press, cleans etc. The one area I still feel a lot of pain is bench pressing and burpees. I essentially can't bench press the pain in the front delt is awkward. Is this normal??

Thanks,

Jason
still in a normal rangefor recovery, you are getting there.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #40
Jason Skolnick

Profile:

Thanks. How did your team finish in getting to the regionals?