CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
Thomas Covington

Profile:
Re: Carb Loading Pre-workout

As my body had handled everything I have been able to throw at it (calorie wise) with not much change, I have decided to add a McDouble or two to the post-workout mix.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
Ralston Baker

Profile:

For pre-workout, if you are lifting heavy, it always pays to do what feels best for you... I know some people tend to perform better slightly hungry, while others, like me, perform better with a small protein/carb intake with a stimulant (like caffeine) like an hour before a workout.

Like someone said before... Whole milk, heavy lifting (especially squats and DLs, they release testosterone), and rest... Also, if you are a creatine responder, then that could definitely help as well... I take it regularly, and have had great results.

Made me think of this RIP quote:
"You cannot get big and strong on 3000 kcal/day. And you cannot eat 7000/day and eat perfectly "clean"."
M/ 26/ 5'11/ 190lbs Fran:2:11 Squat (High Bar):500 C&J:356# Snatch: 264# FSquat:420 Grace: 1:38

Last edited by Ralston Baker : 07-01-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Thomas Covington

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralston Baker View Post
For pre-workout, if you are lifting heavy, it always pays to do what feels best for you... I know some people tend to perform better slightly hungry, while others, like me, perform better with a small protein/carb intake with a stimulant (like caffeine) like an hour before a workout.

Like someone said before... Whole milk, heavy lifting (especially squats and DLs, they release testosterone), and rest... Also, if you are a creatine responder, then that could definitely help as well... I take it regularly, and have had great results.

Made me think of this RIP quote:
"You cannot get big and strong on 3000 kcal/day. And you cannot eat 7000/day and eat perfectly "clean"."

One of the hardest things switching over to SS from metcons was dropping some of the green leafys for starches.