CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
Eric Love

Profile:
Reverse Hyper

I was wondering if anybody has a view (positive or negative) based on experience with the new rogue reverse hypers? Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Dave Henry

Profile:
Re: Reverse Hyper

I have the rogue version at my gym and I am pretty happy with it.

I have been on all of the versions of Louie's reverse hypers and when I saw the rogue one it was a pretty easy choice.

My only griefs with it are:
I load 100lbs plates onto it and the loading pin is thinner than what a bar would be, so I can only use the stopper pin on it rather than have a barbell clip to hold the weight tight and close to the center. In turn the weight does shift away from the center when it's swinging and if the I only have one plate on there it will eventually drag on the ground.

It also can slide around on the ground when in use...

It's a good piece of equipment if implemented properly. But, Very large footprint for what it does
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Shane McGrotty

Profile:

Hey I'm curious to know how you solved the problem or how you would suggest a solution in design?

Thanks!

if you're looking for reviews on reverse hypers or ghd's check this out: Imaspammer.com
Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

I've got the Rogue Reverse hyper. Overall I love it. I originally had it on some cheap Home Depot foam padding in my basement, so when I went over 120lbs with it, it would slide. I recently got some vinyl flooring instead and it seems to stay in place better, if that doesn't work I might get a gym grade rubber 4'x6' or consider bolting it down.

This isn't a major issue for me, but I feel 45lb plates will drag on the floor so I use mainly 35's. So if you need some real heavy weight on your reverse hyper the Rogue might be too small. But I imagine you could get at least 280lbs on it. Not sure if that goes beyond the recommended poundage though. (Just checked Rogue webstie they say up to 280lbs). I squat 305 for around 5, and so far have been using around 120/130 for 15-20 reps on the reverse hyper and feel I still have room to go in that rep range.

Glad I have it.
Bob

Last edited by Robert Fabsik : 01-11-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Clarification of machine specification
Old 01-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Andy Kauth

Profile:

I agree with the above.

We also don't put 45s on ours--35s (max) and smaller plates.

We have had no issues with sliding on our mats. It'll easily hold the weight the average CF box and its clients need. Imo, it'll stand the test time; if you don't want to spend $1,000, this is the way to go ...
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
My only griefs with it are:
I load 100lbs plates onto it and the loading pin is thinner than what a bar would be, so I can only use the stopper pin on it rather than have a barbell clip to hold the weight tight and close to the center. In turn the weight does shift away from the center when it's swinging and if the I only have one plate on there it will eventually drag on the ground.

It also can slide around on the ground when in use...
We've got it at our box, and that is the biggest problem we face too. We have some iron plates that have hand holds on them, so we lash the plates to the center stem, and that keeps them from moving.