CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 07-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
Mark Knisely

Profile:
MMA Antichrist - Brock Lesnar

"You would think such a title was a little exagerrated but judging from most of what you would read from on mma websites it would sound pretty accurate.I was just reading the article where apparently Dana White was ****ed at brock Lesnar's post fight antics and you can only just laugh at how much of that people can actually believe.

Do we honestly believe Dana White could ever be ****ed at a man's who's drawing in as much money as he? This is the same guy who continues to provide alcohol in the man frap environment that is the ultimate fighter

I saw the comments after what Lesnar did and they were very predictable,let's be honest most were just looking at a reason to have a ***** over Lesnar winning and they more than got it with Lesnars tirade

"He's a prick" or "He has no class" even saw a glimpse of a "I hope he dies in a fire".Even certain moderators with sand in their vagina were up in arms over it,this was all real emotion created by such immature petty actions and you can bet Dana White and brock Lesnar are laughing their way all the way to the bank.

White finally has that heavyweight that people will actually discuss,that fighter that will carry his company to greater success than ever imagined,He was a big star before ever coming to the ufc and now that he has actually managed to prove himself decent(moreso than most imagined)all this means is that it looks like Dana White and the ufc will be riding this Money Making Wagon for a while to come.

Unlike the highschool trash talking of Tito Ortiz and most other of todays modern fighters,lesnar stirs real emotion,that of actual hatred,Vice Mcmahon would love such a "heel" right now,there is no heel in pro wrestling anymore that stirs real emotion with in a crowd,There is one in mma however

It's always a great chuckle how most in the mma community laugh and scoff at pro wrestling and it's fans yet with great irony it is now the mma fan that has now become the mark who can't accept how much "SHOWMANSHIP" is involved.because you have fallen for Lesnar and his antics no matter how much you deny it,You will watch lesnar's next fight no matter who he fights no matter how much you deny it.

And Dana White's marketing of this piece of **** fake wrestler with no class will only continue to draw in more fans,Lesnars size and physical presence draw a crowd let alone,but with his antics and already unlikable personality in the near future it will probaly be fair to say he will emerge as one of the greatest attractions in modern sports and will bring the ufc into that mainstream spot Dana White has always craved or he is as Kevin Iole rightly put it "Must-see Tv"

- I saw this post on sherdog and agree with it completely. Say what you want about lesnar but you people love to hate him.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:
Re: MMA Antichrist - Brock Lesnar

Lesner is an awesome accomplished athlete. I wouldn't judge the guy off of one moment.

He didn't threaten anybody or hurt anyone.

Plus most people on sherdog are fools. I haven't been to that website for years.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
George Nesrallah

Profile:

I have been a pro wrestling fan for the last 25 years, but what has to be realized is MMA is a sport fighting for respect from the society at large while with wrestling you need the 'good vs. bad'. I think when that crosses over into MMA it disrespects the sport and creates the three ring circus mentality that can only derail its goal of mass acceptance. In a sport which speaks so highly of respect, Brock Lesnar proved that he's nothing more than a publicity hog looking to fulfill his own ego. And I can gaurantee you I WILL NOT watch Lesnar's next fight unless it's with Fedor. I haven't fallen for his antics. I actually think that's really him and that's the sad part.

And as for Dana, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's happy as a pig in s*** to have this much heat. Then when he gets Fedor, he has a guaranteed gate smashing success. He's playing Lesnar like the genious that Dana is. Maybe he can bring New Jack to stab somebody again. That would really be great for the sport.

*sigh*
Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

If Lesnar is a genuine classless lummox I don't like him.

If he is only pretending to be a classless lummox I still don't like him for stooping to the pretense.

Same result either way. I have appreciation for those who respect the art and their opponents. I dislike mouthy braggarts and trash talkers and think it detracts from the sport. If that is "playing into their hands" then so be it. How else would you suggest one express their opinion to avoid this crafty pitfall?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
Mark Knisely

Profile:

I feel saddened that you would not watch a fight just because you hate one of the fighters but that is your choice George, and to answer the above question: relax.

I know this post probably won't change anyones mind, but the guy was fired up, basically the whole mma community or the fans that consider themselvs more than "casual" fans were rooting for Mir. Brock goes out and smashes Mir in the face and avenges his loss. He said himself this was a very emotional fight for him, so he went a little overboard, who doesn't (besides Fedor he is not human). Look what happened to Bisping after he ran his mouth. That could happen to Brock one day. And imagine your dissapointment when you find out Brock Lesnar got KO'd but you weren't watching because he is a big meanie and says what he wants. BJ Penn licked the blood of his gloves when he defeated Sherk and no one was freaking out saying what a bad person BJ Penn is, I'm never going to watch a Penn fight again. When a fight is emotional and the guys are fired up, thats the best kind of fight to watch.

Last edited by Mark Knisely : 07-12-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Carl Hill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Knisely View Post
When a fight is emotional and the guys are fired up, thats the best kind of fight to watch.
Yes, like the Griffin/Bonner fight or the Sanchez/Guida fight. Not when some guy shoots his mouth off thinking he's cool and "putting on a show for the fans."

Brock Lesnar is one of the worst things to happen to the sport and the best thing to line Dana's pockets. If you compare Brock's skill level to the other heavyweights, he sucks. He is essentially a large Tito Oritz. He's is a one dimensional fighter who is genetically gifted person who simply out-bullies everyone. I can guarantee you that if Lesnar weighed 200lbs, he wouldn't even be in the UFC.

Maybe I'm just one of the few that watch MMA for the kinetic chess game that goes on inside the cage and not just two guys beating the crap out of each other.

If you really want MMA to be considered a sport and not just a show, you wouldn't allow someone like Brock Lesnar to behave in such a manner.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
Gaines DuVall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hill View Post
Yes, like the Griffin/Bonner fight or the Sanchez/Guida fight. Not when some guy shoots his mouth off thinking he's cool and "putting on a show for the fans."

Brock Lesnar is one of the worst things to happen to the sport and the best thing to line Dana's pockets. If you compare Brock's skill level to the other heavyweights, he sucks. He is essentially a large Tito Oritz. He's is a one dimensional fighter who is genetically gifted person who simply out-bullies everyone. I can guarantee you that if Lesnar weighed 200lbs, he wouldn't even be in the UFC.

Maybe I'm just one of the few that watch MMA for the kinetic chess game that goes on inside the cage and not just two guys beating the crap out of each other.

If you really want MMA to be considered a sport and not just a show, you wouldn't allow someone like Brock Lesnar to behave in such a manner.
You are correct. But I had to laugh when I read "If you really want MMA to be considered a sport and not just a show, you wouldn't allow someone like Brock Lesnar to behave in such a manner."

I am not dogging you, it was just funny. I dont think any of this in this forum determine what Lesnar is allowed to do.

Seriously though, I 100% agree with you and believe that Lesnar will be destroyed. It may take a year or so. But Carwin, Lashley, and Cain, are all contenders that have more than just wrestling skills.

Personally, I think Carwin will be the one. Although Lesnar tried out for the NFL, he has never been anything more than a wrestler. Carwin is a little lighter, but much more athletic, hands of steel and can obviously take a killer punch (not that Brock would land one on Carwin.) Shane was a great college linebacker and wrestler. AND, Carwin is an amazingly humble man!

Of course there is always Fedor. He is hands down the best of all time and would absolutely end Brock's ego. There is no question in my mind that Fedor would figure out a way to do it. BUT, until Dana decides to "give a little" then Fedor vs Lesnar won't happen.

Speaking of Dana, how can he say that Brock's actions were bad? Dana is exactly the same as Lesnar when it come's to ego. He is just smaller and a whimp (wanted to use another word.)

OK, I am done for now
Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Carl Hill

Profile:

I guess the point I was trying to make is that some people want MMA to be considered a traditional sport along side of boxing, hockey, etc. You just wouldn't see behavior like that in more conventional sports. Of course the UFC won't fine Lesnar like the MLB would because Dana White isn't looking to send his fighters to the olympics in the near future, but to make bank and what he is doing is the best way to make money.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

You guys are underestimating Lesnar. You don't become a college wrestling champion by being a lazy bum or genetically gifted. You have to bust your *** no matter how big you are. The man knows what he is doing.

Big bullies would get their butts kicked by Frank Mir. Lesnar has skills.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Gaines DuVall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hill View Post
I guess the point I was trying to make is that some people want MMA to be considered a traditional sport along side of boxing, hockey, etc. You just wouldn't see behavior like that in more conventional sports. Of course the UFC won't fine Lesnar like the MLB would because Dana White isn't looking to send his fighters to the olympics in the near future, but to make bank and what he is doing is the best way to make money.
Makes sense.