CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
Michael McElroy

Profile:
garage to warehouse

I'm working out of my garage right now and i'm up to about 13 or 14 clients, I'm looking into getting some warehouse space but i'm worried about the cost. Wondering what some of you experiences are with moving from garage to warehouse and the client increase. How much does it help how many clients does it take to be worth it (obviously this depends a little on rent but i'm hoping to find something under $1000/ month, live in MS)
Let me know any useful info please.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Steve Loeding

Profile:
Re: garage to warehouse

whatever happens in the move, congrats on getting more and more members to train with you. Speaks volumes about your ability to coach.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
James lee

Profile:

I think that all depends on what your goal is. Think about what you want out of it. Think about what you want your life to in the future. than figure out what you need to fulfill that future both in money and time. that should be able to tell you how any clients/ rent or business you'll need to live the way you want your life to be. its a rather simple equation but hope you get the point.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Good timing with your post, we are up here in NH facing a very similar situation. We are packed to the brim almost 10 hours a day with crazy crossfitters in a 200 sq foot garage that we built up out of the dirt. It has been amazing but by the end of the summer we will be moving for sure.

It really had very little to do with the amount of money we were making, I could care less if I was a millionaire and I would still wait until 7 days a week, 10 hours a day are full of madness in here. Almost there and it feels good, I am such a new affiliate operator that I probably wouldn't be able to offer any truly valuably advice to you (couple months) other than to enjoy the h#@! out of this now while you are still small. I love the atmosphere here, it's like an awesome tight knit family that really takes pride in the little Stable we rock and roll in, we are going to be very sorry to see it go and that is kind of why we are holding off on the big move despite the obvious savings when it comes to expenses and outfitting costs.

I hope you have a great time with your CrossFitters and hope you crush it wherever you set foot. If you want any info about how we prepped or planned things according to our operating set-up, sop's, etc let me know. There are few Affiliates as small as the likes of us so like minded insight can be awesome and refreshing. OK enough rambling, time to go make myself dry heave in the name of my CrossFitters haha.