CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #501
Harley Jennings

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Amber, was it nice down south for you? Man the weather up here was really nice. This place will make a nice vacation spot here in the next twenty years.....
M/27/5'10''/200lbs/13%BF BS 365#/ SP 205#/ DL 425#/ BP 345#/ PC 235#/ FS 265#/ CJ 225#/ THR 225#/ Liz 6:11/ Murph 39:00My Log
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #502
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
Amber, was it nice down south for you? Man the weather up here was really nice. This place will make a nice vacation spot here in the next twenty years.....

It is warm and sunny today, although not as nice as the day I ran. I think this area WAS the vacation spot already.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #503
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Jennings View Post
That place isn't the cradle of civilization for nothing. It's a great place to live and visit.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #504
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
That place isn't the cradle of civilization for nothing. It's a great place to live and visit.
As long as it's not during sandstorm season.

I hate sand.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:13 AM   #505
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig View Post
As long as it's not during sandstorm season.

I hate sand.
Well there is that. And then the mud rain that follows. But what do I have to say? I live on what used to be a swamp.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #506
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cohen View Post
Marianne;

Least you're trying, and that's 90% of the battle.

Dan John summed it up pretty good when talking about the V-Diet. It's a 28 day battle and you must stayed focused on that battle, period. Family, friends, work, dogs, sailing, skiing, etc do not come first, but rather the V-diet for 28 days comes first, period, end of story.

Now I know, some might think that is extreme, well, NO SH-T, it is EXTREME. Chances are the person that is on this diet is FAT and has been FAT and has not lost weight via other programs, so now it's time to declare war on the FAT. It's not for everyone, in fact, most fail, but those that do make it, feel stronger (least mentality), then return to a more healthy eating style(hopefully).

So, what's this got to do with your post, well Ms. Marianne, you need to plan better. You really need to think about what your next day eating is going to be like, THE NIGHT BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a business meeting, or sporting event, you either eat before, or more on point, bring your own food. Don't tell me you can't do that, just mention, you have a food allergy or must eat certain foods. Done, don't need to explain any further. Open up your little fancy lunch pail and eat your own foods, which in most cases people will say "that looks good, wish I would have thought to bring some healthier food like that"

I have a friend that has Celiac disease, so no Gluten for her, and she has no problem passing up the pasta and bread made with junk white flour, but rather when the mood strikes, makes her own bread using potato, rice flours and a host of other gluten free products.

As to nuts, if they're your downfall, don't keep them in the house, or buy very small amounts. You probably are craving more fat vs the salt.

Bottom line, how bad, how really, really bad do you want to lose weight, get stronger, become a lean mean fighting machine????????????

Willing to be talked about, maybe lose a so called friend or too, go to bed earlier, maybe miss up a few social functions, yada yada yada.

Look at anyone that is at the top of their game, and you'll see someone that lives the 3 D's.

Discipline
Determination
Dedication

Everyone wants to go to Heaven, No one wants to Die.

Have a great Sunday.

Thank You, Jay Cohen. This made my Sunday.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #507
Brett Dartt

Profile:

im really feeling the urge to get a container of cream cheese icing and eating it. or a ****load of cadbury eggs.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #508
Jay Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Jesse - Actually, going paleo is a heck of a lot easier than zoning. For the reasons Brian and Joe stated.

Jay, as usual, makes sense. The long post must be compliments of the beef heart???

Despite last night's ice cream (3/4 cup, maybe?), today was the first time I saw a significant drop on the scale (yes, I do still weigh myself occasionally, I have no choice since I hover around the Navy's max weight for my height). Maybe I need to read through the whole Breyer's thread to see what this is all about. Regardless, I am NOT going to eat sweets today. Beautiful sunshiny day in Baghdad, AND I just managed to plan my own going away party - turns out there is an Iraqi BBQ restaurant available!

I just hope it's not wild dog.
Amber, going away party is a great thing, can't wait to hear that you're back in the States, safe and sound.

Hey, while I have two dogs and a cranky cat, if either appeared on the menu and it was being prepared via century old recipes, not only would I be trying it, but eating seconds.
If in Rome.........................
Old 03-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #509
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Despite last night's ice cream (3/4 cup, maybe?), today was the first time I saw a significant drop on the scale (yes, I do still weigh myself occasionally, I have no choice since I hover around the Navy's max weight for my height). Maybe I need to read through the whole Breyer's thread to see what this is all about.
3/4 cup? That is discipline. I am having a bowl later tonight of chocolate chip cookie dough (Breyer's of course ) but it might turn into the entire container lol.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #510
Amber Mathwig

Profile:

Brett - I am so happy to not be around Easter candy right now.

Jay - No.

Joe - I only get what I want, then I leave the chow hall. Keeps me from going back for more. Especially when its MIDRATS.

Going to sleep soon, no desserts today. RIB night and bananas, great day.