CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
Evan Gray

Profile:
Whewwwww!!! Today I did Grace (started with 65# but was tad heavy so I had to lower to 55# for good form. The rest broken sets with 55#). P.S. Just began learning explosive and o-lifts with a coach.

Man was it hard. Mentally and physically. But man was it great. This past week after poking my nose around this site for awhile and coming up with excuses on why not to start (not strong enough, smoke too many cigarettes etc.)Finally after posting on this board and support from gant, peter, kevin, tom etc. I have been hitting up the scaled WODS this week (butter cup mostly). All I can say is wow.

I thought I had worked out before, but not untill now did I realize I had this fitness thing all wrong. The WODS have kicked my butt all week. The first few days I was unsure if I was gonna stay with it but I forced myself to keep doing it. After this weekend my doubts are at rest (behind Press, PP, PJ sat and grace today). I feel fantastic....strong, focused, energized and have been sleeping like a new born. Sidenote: I have decided to stop smoking. Anyways, sorry for the long post but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here and to the coach and co. for such a great site.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
Ryan Irish

Profile:
Congrats on your new found focus and your decision to quit smoking! Good luck, I have heard it's a hard quit, but if you want to quit, you will quit.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Scott Allen Hanson

Profile:
Evan,

Great decision to stop smoking. You'll reap so many benefits, but the most obvious and immediate will be superior WOD performances.

Keep at the WOD's (buttercup version). If you feel exhausted, take an extra rest day. Just don't let it stretch into 3, 4, . . .

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
James Reynolds

Profile:
good luck w/the smoking and CF

I logged my quit on quitnet.com and found that it helped me see the $, days of my life, etc saved. October 26 will be three years since I last smoked. I didn't meant to spam that site, i have no affiliation but to say it was/is helpful.