CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 02-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Nick Hanson

Profile:
3 Months In

So I figured I would post what has happened to me over the last three months since starting Crossfit. I have been working with Kelly, Adrian and Kevin at Crossfit San Francisco, consistently during that period, doing 5 workouts a week. Prior to Crossfit I trained for marathons, but was never someone who was very fast. At that time I weighed about 205 lbs at six feet tall with about 26% body fat.

The first month or so my diet stayed pretty crappy, although I started eating a good breakfast on a daily basis. The second month (December) I started cooking a little bit more and went on to eat the Abs Diet way. About three weeks ago, I went fully zone, eliminating all refined carbs (wheat, pasta) as well as most high glycemic carbs. I am now eating pretty much 100% organic food and cook breakfast and dinner on a daily basis.

I have lost more than 20lbs and am currently at 182lbs with 18% bodyfat. My performance has increased tremendously. I have gone from not being able to squat properly to doing a 160lb 3rm back squat a week back. I have seen tremendous strength gains in all areas, and just cannot say enough about the community.

I must also add that I am extremely lucky to have two level 3 instructors to work with every day. Kelly and Adrian are great, and our new instructor Kevin, kicks my @ss every Tuesday. In general everyone has a great time, and just the people at Crossfit San Francisco are amazing. Anyway, just my .02.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Tom Schneitter

Profile:
Talking Re: 3 Months In

Congratulations on your excellent progress Nick. Your commitment to changing your diet is admirable. Your post has made even more excited to do a drop-in workout with Kelly tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Geoff Sallee

Profile:
Re: 3 Months In

That's some really good progress. Congratulations. I, too, have seen great strength and performance increases while losing fat using CF. Think of where you'll be in a year
Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Nick Hanson

Profile:
Re: 3 Months In

Tom,

I would definitely recommend coming in. Its a great place and all of the people are awesome. BTW its not just Kelly who is an excellent coach. But Adrian and Kevin too. All of them are different in their styles, but they have all helped me tremendously. If you come to the 6am class I will be there.

Nick