CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Derek Maffett

Profile:
Lightweight competition

I'll start this off.

Jan 1, 2008

Warm-up

Pull-ups - BW x 33 (+1 PR)

"Helen"

400m run
21 KB swings/54lb KB
12 pull-ups

14:58 (5:00+ PR)

This stunk all around. Right side started hurting - side, chest, and shoulder - very quickly. Slowed me down to way below the metabolic wall. Went down to the one pood for the swings after six reps. I ended up walking instead of running a lot because of the pain, but at least I finished (record time doesn't matter because I should have gotten at least 12 minutes on this.)
Old 01-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Woody Dixon

Profile:
Re: Lightweight competition

Derek-
I had the intent of starting today, but after skiing hard for two days in a row I was kind of tired... I'll start tomorrow, promise. Hope you're ready!
Edit: How about the WOD from Monday 071224: 150 Burpees for time? Sounds "fun" to me.

Last edited by Woody Dixon : 01-01-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody Dixon View Post
Derek-
I had the intent of starting today, but after skiing hard for two days in a row I was kind of tired... I'll start tomorrow, promise. Hope you're ready!
Edit: How about the WOD from Monday 071224: 150 Burpees for time? Sounds "fun" to me.
If Thursday comes up as another strength day, sure. Or if the DAS WOD is strength oriented (we decided to do that on Wednesday and CF on Monday/Thursday).
Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #4
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Wednesday's DAS WOD -

2 rounds for max reps of:

Arch rocks
Block jumps SAT (box jumps, I assume. No idea what SAT means).
L-sit (1 second counts as one rep)
Dips
Straight body lifts (My guess - straight arm pull to inverted hang, but I'm not sure. If that's what it is, then I figure we should keep it as close to that as possible and only bend the hips).

Each one is 45 seconds work, then 15 seconds rest. Get a paper, jot down the number for each round, then I suppose we can add up the total points for score.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
Steven Low

Profile:

Straight body lift:

Lie on your back. Hold a stable object with your hands, lift your toes straight body to candlestick. (To weight this add ankle weights or something between your ankles).

It's basically like a dragon flag off a bench except on the floor instead.

Block jumps SAT - Start at the top so come down and bounce back up right away. Very, very little of the time is spent on the ground. Opposed to box jumps this makes it more geared towards explosive because of the eccentric to concentric motion is extremely fast (just like you would find in a high jumper as opposed to a vertical leap).
Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
Woody Dixon

Profile:

Can we sub a 1 sec. L-hang for the 1 sec L-sit? The L-sit still eludes me... If not, I'll be doing a tuck L-sit.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #7
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Steven, thanks for the explanations. I'll try to keep as straight as I can on the straight body lifts, but multiple dragon flag reps done strict hardly seems possible for me.

Woody, L hang is fine (I assume it's hamstring flexibility keeping you from the L-sit, right?)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Woody Dixon

Profile:

Yep, hamstring flexibility is the hold up... I can do an L-sit on Parallel bars but not on Parallettes, because on P bars I have more room to move my legs into the position to overcome the inflexibility. From that point I can hold it for a good 15-20 secs. Alas, I don't own p-bars, so L-hang it is.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #9
Tom Nguyen

Profile:

Sorry for not joining sooner- thanks for starting the log, Derek.

Went on vacation - supposed to be my rest week but feel more tired coming back then when I left! Got only 2 hours of sleep on New Years and came back pretty out of it.

Tried doing some snatches on New Years day and could barely do 105 (max is 130).

Slept 13 hours last night and did CFT and Helen today. Did Helen as rx'd at 10:58 (PR) - last time = 12:40 in november. Helen kicked my *** today. My lungs still burn 30 minutes after finishing.

CFT was mixed bag: BS=255 (same); SP=140 (5 lb below PR); DL=300 (PR by 15lb).

Still have to catch up and do DAS WOD. Maybe tomorrow
Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
Derek Maffett

Profile:

January 2, 2008

DAS WOD total score - ~183

I had to jumble everything around in my head for this one. Look at the stopwatch, do the exercises, keep count, realize that you forgot the paper you were going to record reps on, count/add all the reps in your head, try to remember which exercises to do when (did straight leg lifts before the dips on the first round, lol). It was hard. Calculations during the workout had me at 163-173, but after writing things down, I realized it was approx. 183.

Arch rocks - Block jumps SAT - L-sit - Dips - Straight body lifts

20 (maybe 23) - 30 - 25 - 10 - 10
20 - 30 - 19 or 20 - 10 - 8

Arch rocks were measured one rep every back and forth rock.
Block jumps SAT were actually quite easy (if you haven't done this yet, Woody, these are probably the best to pick up extra reps).
L-sit - I found I preferred this to L-hang, mainly because of bicep soreness I think.
Dips were all ring dips.
Straight body lifts became "at least try not to bend the knees" lifts by the end. Lots of piking.

Steven, I noticed that near the end of the workout, the straight body lifts caused some kind of, I don't know how to explain it, pain or seizing up or something like that around the glutes/legs at the start of the lift. Never gotten that before.

Edit: Great Helen time, Tom! As for the DAS WOD, make sure you have the list of exercises written down in plain sight, a piece of paper to write down reps during the break, and preferably someone else handling the timer. I was too stupid to prepare for this one properly and it was like an algebra lesson and a workout all at the same time!

Last edited by Derek Maffett : 01-02-2008 at 05:06 PM.