CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 06-14-2006, 11:46 PM   #21
Michael Kircos

Profile:  
On Season 1 of TUF the only guy that thought about quitting was Strange Brew. He was obviously the runt of the litter and was routinely getting man-handled by his teamates during their workouts. However, HE decided to rough it out. He even cried when he got eliminated.

If you are a fighter and the doctor gives you the green light to fight YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR TURNING DOWN A FIGHT.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #22
Kalen Meine

Profile:
I think the most important point of all that has been glossed over is that it's reality TV. On Spike, of all places. Talk to a few editor/writer/story consultant (the title varies from show to show), watch a few days of raw footage, and see what comes out of it. For the vast majority of RTV, despite the fact the footage is of "real people," the plots you see on screen, the potrayed motivations, and depending on the sound editing, plenty of the dialogue, is no less fabricated than an episode of Friends. It's a pretty damn scary business. So I'd refrain on passing judgement, ever, just because of the venue it was presented to you. Had you seen it all, it's quite possible we'd all be wondering why they didn't bail earlier.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #23
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Kudos to Kalen - well said.

(Message edited by Ring_Girl on June 15, 2006)
Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #24
Michael Kircos

Profile:  
cute story...but I'm not buying it. RTV, MTV, or HGTV, if somebody is filming or taping you verbally backing down from doing something you are being filmed or taped to do, you are a quitter. It doesn't matter what occurred beforehand that resulted in the decision to quit.

It was also mentioned in TUF season 1 that Forrest Griffin's arm break occurred in a fight yet he still managed to knock the guy out with his good arm and win the fight. Kalib didn't even break a rib! He said it was "dislocated". How the hell do you dislocate a rib?!

Bottom line:
Kalib, Kristian, and Tait are quitters. It doesn't mean they are bad people. It doesn't mean we should talk smack. But for the love of God let's call a spade, a spade.

Thank you all, you've been a great audience. Make sure to tip your waitress and don't drink and drive.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #25
David Stegman

Profile:
Kalib's injury was legit. You can dislocate a rib. The rib actually tears away from the sternum and pulls the cartilage away with it. Extermely paingful and takes a long time to heal. Just as bad as a broken rib. The damage is usually permanent and never correclty heals, you usually have a nice knot or bump where the dislocation occured.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #26
Charlie Jackson

Profile:
So I'd refrain on passing judgement, ever, just because of the venue it was presented to you. Had you seen it all, it's quite possible we'd all be wondering why they didn't bail earlier.

You can refrain on passing judgement, I'll judge them though. Quiters always have excuses. There is no valid reason to turn down a fight when that's what you're there to do. If you can pass the physical, you should fight.

And LMFAO @ "fighters" whining about their living conditions. Serve some time in the military to endure some miserable living conditions. These guys are wimps.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #27
Kawika Bennett

Profile:
there lifestyle in that show amazes me. if i was on that show i would need to force myself to isolate myself at times and live less luxuriouslly with a regimented training and meditation of my own as those guys are living high on the hog like kings. most of my time i would be using an ipod or similar with powerful positive tuff going into my head, instead of junk food style conversations and games to play on each other.

i also think that wrestler has no chin.

shamrocks coaching method is lame. i guess what he expects is a diamond, with all the heart and skills already built in. instead of a race horse that still needs to be trained, groomed and worked properly. i think shamrock is amaingyly hotheaded...haha...one measely comment sets him totally off. what a great way to psyche yourself up and out.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #28
Becca Borawski

Profile:
They were not allowed to go to the gym except at the assigned time the bus came to pick them up on days training was scheduled. Any other training had to be like in the episode you saw where they tried to do it in the backyard. If Ken cancelled training for the day, for whatever reason, they didn't get to go to the gym at all.

They weren't allowed magazines, books, music, TV or anything of that sort.

The 'junk food style' conversations and games came out of cabin fever, stress, etc.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #29
Kawika Bennett

Profile:
well main thing. my boy KEndall made it. haha. he's training hard right now for the finals. cobra kai.

i'm interestd in what they did the other 12hours or so they were not in the gym, this is accounting for 8hrs sleep, 4hrs physical training.

on the rtv dana white is a very shrewd person. weasel comes to my mind.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #30
Becca Borawski

Profile:
I saw Kendall this past week at the WEC show in San Bernardino, CA -- he was there with Solomon, Matt Hammil, Tito, etc. They've all been training up at Big Bear together.http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/21357/26091.jpg