CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 06-12-2006, 02:12 AM   #11
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Becca, I apologize if my criticism of their decision came across harshly. Quitting is something I feel very strongly about. I know they are people and not just fighters on tv, so I apologize for lashing out.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #12
David Stegman

Profile:
I agree with Anthony on this. I think Christian had some legitimacy to why he didn't want to fight. His head was gashed pretty good and he knows it would probably happen again. Especially if he fought Bisping again.

As for Tait....well, I'm not sure what is up with that cat. I think when it comes down to it he just didn't want it bad enough. Remember he did say at one point that he would never do something like this again and that was before he had his fight. He technically (IMO) won his fight and was the only competitor that actually deserved another shot. He turned it down and to me that showed that his experience on the show just wasn't what he expected. Although if he wants to make it big in MMA he did pass on a great opportunity and at his age he should have taken it.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #13
Graham Tidey

Profile:
Would a boxer (these days) be asked to fight so quickly after? No!

Maybe prizefighters years ago in illegitamate circumstances, but you can't expect (new) fighters, who put their everything into a fight to then step up again. Plus, the guy who did want to fight only wanted it so bad cos he lost the last one and it was a while gone compared to the rest.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
On a path to your dreams, risk must be taken and sacrifices made. Was the situation ideal? No. But it gave them a second chance at their dreams.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #15
Aidan O Brien

Profile:
As Nate's name was brought up i just thougth i would point out that he did not quit. He was told he could not go on, there is a difference there.

As for Tait and Kris, there reasons are there own. I won't judge them as it is not my place.

Would i have done differently? I hope so.

Anthony is right though, Ross is the man. No hesitation, no nothing, he would have fought Tito right there is Dana said it would get him back on the show!!!

Gotta love that.

It's a shame he has to fight Mike, who already has an armbar win over him though.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:51 AM   #16
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Jeffrey - that's assuming it was still their dream.

Aidan - it was actually Nate's choice, it was left up to him. I don't recall if that was shown in the way it was edited, but that was the case.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
Aidan O Brien

Profile:
Becca - cool! I seem to remember Nate just being told by Randy that he couldn't continue, and then a very emotional shot of Nate being ver stoic with a single tear running down his cheek!!! Nearly made me cry and all i can tell you!!! Thanks for clearing that up for me though....sometimes the editing can be a little one sided alright!!!!

As for Kalib, just read on the UG that his ribs were badly injured, costo-chondral seperation, as in two of his ribs were torn off of the catilage of his sternum.

Now i'm begining to see where he was coming from.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #18
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Yeah, Kalib posted a bunch on the Ultimate Fighter forums explaining the situation and explaining the severity of his injury. He had some choice words about Ken's training, as well. I don't blame those guys for being very frustrated.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #19
David Stegman

Profile:
That brings up a good point about some of the guys not wanting to return. I think things might have been different for them if they were on Tito's team, or had a different coach (other than Ken).

I don't blame them for not wanting to come back to Ken's camp.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #20
Philip Villaloboz

Profile:  
Hello everyone,
Im new to crossfit about 2 weeks.But been watching UFC for years,and everybody has alot of good points.But i think if i loved to fight and spend my time and effort to train then had a chance to go on the show.With no distractions,the best training facility and train with a fighter like Tito,i wouldnt let nothing or no one(like a girl i only been dating for a few months) stop me from living my dream.Beautiful Becca you sound like you know alot of fighters and about the contracts and say theyre fighting for only a few grand,but i heard alot of fighters(on t.v.)say they used to fight for only a few hundred.So i think if i had the chance to live my DREAM and have to put up with 8 weeks of taping and some pain,where do i sign up?

Texas Boys