CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
I'm currently looking at the long sleeve loose fit by Sprawl. Good, bad, other recommendations?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
Chris Goodrich

Profile:
I've had a sprawl loose short sleave for a few weeks and like it. Seems plenty durable, and is relatively inexpensive as rashguards go. Only downside I see is the little sprawl logo is silkscreened/painted on and will inevitably start to peel at some point. This is not a big issue for me; the lack of graphics and big logos was a selling point.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Is this for wearing under your gi or is it for no-gi grappling? I don't know if you prefer the looser fit, so you might not like them, but I like the UnderArmor stuff -- it's lighter weight than a lot of rashguards, but it does fit snugly.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Becca, it's for no-gi grappling, but I also strike during the same sessions. So I'm not sure if a snug rashguard would be as comfortable as a loose fit. I'll probably get one of each and see what I prefer.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Neal Winkler

Profile:
It just depends on whether or not you don't mind the tight fit. I don't mind, and that's what I use.

I've noticed that the underarmor doesn't hold up well in other classmates who have used them. My Atama is about 2 years old now though.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Yeah, the Underarmor does break down sooner, but I like that it breaths better and is thinner.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
Michael Ernest Estrada

Profile:
I get all my training rashguards off the $2.00 rack at wal-mart,LOL. I order the good ones from Tapout.By the way nice pictures next to your names.I would put one on mine but i do not know how to do that.Just finished training jiu-jitsu, 1 1/2 hour of techs and rolling. Cutting out the stand up stuff except takedowns because the U.S. Nationals are less then 30 days away, It is crossfit and jiu-jitsu.I would like to thank Jack (he knows who i am talking about)for opening my eyes to crossfit.Crossfit has helped my Jiu-jitsu in many ways.Thanks to all of you also.

Michael Estrada
Team Leader
Afghanistan
maguilla BJJ purple belt
Carlson Gracie R.I.P.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
John Vernon

Profile:
Not a big fan of loose myself. It really sucks when your arms get caught, even a little bit, in your shirt when working in a tight situation. If you live near the coast go to your local surf shop and grab a rash guard of the clearance rack.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #9

Profile:

dakine rashguards are pretty cheap and i've been able to put both a short and long sleeve one through a lot of abuse without any problems. like neal says, atamas seem righteous too. the blender has it right too - get closeout surf gear.

but definitely tight over loose - keeps you warmer (not always cozy in warmer weather, but helps keep your shoulders flexibile and intact when someone's trying to tear your arm off).