CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Kristi Lees

Profile:

Hey guys,

I am planning on heading to South Cali (near Orange County and also Marina Del Ray) in June and was wondering what crossfit locations are near by. Would be keen to train with the pros while I am over that way! :happy:
Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Kristi,
Andy is in that area. If you get as far south as San Diego you would be welcome to come see us at Brand X.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Lauren said that Crossfit OC is coming soon. I'm in OC as is Greg Kemp in Yorba Linda. Wouldn't mind meeting you at a 24hr Fitness and gathering stares as we go through a WOD. Just promise not to embarrass me too much!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Kristi Lees

Profile:

I was checking out the Brand X site Jeff.... is that far from OC? How long would it take to get there?

LOL Ron, I will try not to embarass you! (Well maybe just a lil' :wink: )

Maybe I should just do a "round Cali Crossfit mission" now THAT sounds like fun!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Kristi,
I checked out your web site. YEEEOW!! I might have to ask permission from the wife before we train!! If we go to 24hr Fitness, at least I know the knuckleheads won't be staring at me!!!

FYI- Ramona is about 1 1/2 hrs from central OC. Just left of the middle of nowhere!!! (I'm kidding, I passed through Ramona on the way to Barona. . .and that's the last outpost before nowhere!!)
Old 04-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
David Wood

Profile:

Kristi: If you're going to be in Marina Del Rey, you're only about 5 miles from Petranek Fitness in Santa Monica.

http://www.petranekfitness.com/

Andy (Petranek) is a CrossFit-certified coach, outstanding trainer, and all-around great guy (he's got a very sweet facility setup, too).

His gym is mostly set up for one-on-one training, but he runs CrossFit classes on the beach in Santa Monica. Send him an e-mail . . . I bet he'd be happy to help you get a WOD in.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
Kristi Lees

Profile:

Hehe Ron ... well if its any consolation tell your wife I don't look as good in person!

Thanks for the info David. Hopefully I will be in the area round the 18th June for Mike Mahlers workshop so will check out things at Petranek then, get me a few privates so I can start kicking some WOD butt!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
Kristi Lees

Profile:

So how are things looking for Crossfit OC?....

Otherwise you are gonna be stuck with me at 24hr fitness Ron! :wink: Do they have a website?
Old 04-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #9
Derek Lane

Profile:
Kristi, I live in San Clemente (far south end of Orange County) and it took me about an hour to get to BrandX this morning. Beautiful drive and very worth it. I plan to get down there most Saturdays. Not sure where exactly you'll be in in OC but if you want a lift tell me which day and I'll be able to tell you if I'll be in the area.

Hey Ron, you know, if you wanted to come along we could make it a carpool... either of you can PM me at lanedj72@earthlink.net (you can tell your wife I'm the chaperone :proud:)
Cheers.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #10
Kristi Lees

Profile:

Thanks Derek! At this stage I am looking at heading down round the 13th of June for 2 weeks (getting pretty excited!!) Unsure where I am staying yet but I will keep you posted on how things are looking.

Yeah Ron might need a "chaperone".... LOL