CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
Tom Gilbert

Profile:

A week ago I entered a strongman competition. Giving up more than 50-pounds to some other athletes in the weightclass (175-pounds is the morning before breakfast) I was able to finish dead last. Still had a blast and wasn't completely embarrassed. Highlights of each event, 500-pound Conan Wheel for about 100'; nine reps overhead with 200-pounds on the Viking Press; Farmer's Walk wtih 210-pounds in each hand for a quick 100'; load two 215-pound stones to a 50" platform; carry a couple of kegs and flip a ~650 pound tire. Looking forward to more contests in the coming year

Then less than one week later ran a two-mile time trial for a military test. Really wanted 13-minutes, which would have been 100 points ... finished with an all-out time of 13:02 (though the course was on a city block and was most likely plus or minus some distance). Earlier in the morning did 100 pushups in two minutes and 91 situps in the same time. Looking forward to finally scoring a full 300 points in six months

I attribute both the success and failures of the week to following Crossfit principals

Tom
Old 10-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
Jason Carey

Profile:
I don't see any failures, Tom.
Solid work!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Failures? The run in 13:02 is a pair of 6:31 miles...how on earth is that a failure? Nine presses overhead with 200lbs...man that's amazing. And 210 pounds in each hand for a farmer's walk...my God, there is nothing you did that I could do. Fabulous work Tom. Well done.