CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #311
Alix Clark
Member Alix Clark is offline
 
Alix Clark's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney  NSW
Posts: 1,540
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

So, to get away from my DL and vaguely back on topic, here's a very funny "perfect match.com profile" that I found. http://honeyandlance.com/best-female-match-profile-ever It does contain the F word (no, not Fran!) so may not be WFS for you.

What is up with guys who email with nothing more than "hey, you pretty. What you think?" WTF? Thanks Cletus, call me shallow but I need a little bit more to go on to get interested (let alone excited) in responding or taking it any further. Sigh.

At least at crossfitmatch.com a guy can email and ask me about my latest PR or tell me about his awesome Murph. Who's bought the domain name on our behalf?
 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #312
Kristi Folowell
Member Kristi Folowell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sierra Vista  AZ
Posts: 198
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Alix I have a feeling the jerksandsnatches web address is probably already taken and not WFS By the way that was a funny link.

So odd story someone gave my number out to random chick at the bar. So I got a text message late sat night from said girl. Had to tell her she had the wrong number. Anyway was telling the guys at the box about this when one of them asked if I was into girls. I said no, and he said that was good cause he was going to try to hook me up with his friend. Ah being the only single gal in the gym that is of age will do this to you. On the upside apparently the guy is into UFC and such, so it might not be a total loss. Oddly enough I might get a date out of the deal all because some guy gave my number to some random girl at the bar and I brought it up at the box. Odd way to get a date but
 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #313
Alix Clark
Member Alix Clark is offline
 
Alix Clark's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney  NSW
Posts: 1,540
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Kristi - that is just too funny! What a great way to get a date!!
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #314
Renee Lee
Member Renee Lee is offline
 
Renee Lee's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 3,039
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Folowell View Post
Alix I have a feeling the jerksandsnatches web address is probably already taken and not WFS By the way that was a funny link.

So odd story someone gave my number out to random chick at the bar. So I got a text message late sat night from said girl. Had to tell her she had the wrong number. Anyway was telling the guys at the box about this when one of them asked if I was into girls. I said no, and he said that was good cause he was going to try to hook me up with his friend. Ah being the only single gal in the gym that is of age will do this to you. On the upside apparently the guy is into UFC and such, so it might not be a total loss. Oddly enough I might get a date out of the deal all because some guy gave my number to some random girl at the bar and I brought it up at the box. Odd way to get a date but
as long as he deadlifts and can jerk you, kristi...i don't see how it could go badly!
__________________
"catapultam habeo. nisi pecuniam dabis, ad capitem tuum saxum mittam."
Translation: I have a catapult. Give me your money or i'll throw a rock at your head.
 
Old 02-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #315
David Vessey
Member David Vessey is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ottawa  ON
Posts: 229
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

New pickup line:

"Wanna go do Kelly with five fingers?"


(apologies if someone's already put that together before, I know I haven't seen it).

Speaking of which, I DID do Kelly with VFFs over the weekend. My calves are sore like a CrossFit virgin.
__________________
Mens Sana In Corpore Sano
 
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #316
Marc Tower
Member Marc Tower is offline
 
Marc Tower's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Stillwater  OK
Posts: 146
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Vessey View Post
New pickup line:

"Wanna go do Kelly with five fingers?"


(apologies if someone's already put that together before, I know I haven't seen it).

Speaking of which, I DID do Kelly with VFFs over the weekend. My calves are sore like a CrossFit virgin.
Brutal. Kelly was my 2nd CF workout. Very, very humbling.
 
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #317
Alix Clark
Member Alix Clark is offline
 
Alix Clark's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney  NSW
Posts: 1,540
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Snaps to that - Kelly is tough!
 
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #318
Emily Maisannes
Member Emily Maisannes is offline
 
Emily Maisannes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 1,114
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
Different girl told me her favorite food was chicken fingers and pizza. WHat, are you 6? Dear god. On our second date, I made her fillet Mignon and she asked for it well done. I refused.
I know. I'm REALLY late coming into this thread. My favorite food is the artichoke. Not the canned crap. The real flower (yes, it's a flower, relative of the thistle). I order my meat in one of the following ways:

"Twitching."
"Just run it through the kitchen."
"Shine a flashlight on it."
"Wipe its *** and slap it on a plate."

I would probably have the same response to someone who answered that as their favorite food.

I don't do the whole online dating thing. I figure if I wouldn't have met them in the gazillion things I do outside of work and my house, then why would I start a relationship with someone with whom I have so little in common?
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
My CF workout log
 
Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #319
Carter Jee
Member Carter Jee is offline
 
Carter Jee's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Perth  WA
Posts: 1,059
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
I know. I'm REALLY late coming into this thread. My favorite food is the artichoke. Not the canned crap. The real flower (yes, it's a flower, relative of the thistle). I order my meat in one of the following ways:

"Twitching."
"Just run it through the kitchen."
"Shine a flashlight on it."
"Wipe its *** and slap it on a plate."

I would probably have the same response to someone who answered that as their favorite food.

I don't do the whole online dating thing. I figure if I wouldn't have met them in the gazillion things I do outside of work and my house, then why would I start a relationship with someone with whom I have so little in common?
love fresh artichokes dipped in a light balsamic vinagerette as a snack!!!

i like mine "moo-ing with bells on"...
__________________
"Find your weakness, embrace it, and make it your b**ch" - Robb Wolff.
My Log
 
Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #320
Emily Maisannes
Member Emily Maisannes is offline
 
Emily Maisannes's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alexandria  VA
Posts: 1,114
Re: CrossFitMatch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Folowell View Post
I have the same problem with the larger thighs and rearside. I like Levi's oddly enough. They are very comfortable. A few brands have even developed jeans meant to fit a curvier women. Only problem is they occassionally look like mom jeans once you get them on. So it is touch and go. I always had a large gap in the waist band in the rear side. Apparently if you have 40in hips you have a 40 in waist to go with it. Never understood that. I agree with Renee get them hemmed. Sometimes going a size bigger so they fit correct and then hemming works wonders. Chris apparently it is not just the men who are supposed to be skinny. The women are apparently supposed to be built with absolutely no hips or thighs so what you get is something incredibly unattractive and uncomfortable 90% of the time.
Try Lucky Jeans. They are lower in the front and higher in the back, so you don't have a yard of crotch. I fall into the curvy category with an hourglass figure and now growing thighs, and they still seem to work well for me.
__________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
My CF workout log
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.